CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd May 2015, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Default Fatima - Fr. Gruner

Fr. Gruner claimed that the Fatima consecration was never done properly, in contradiction to the assertions of Sister Lucia, Pope John Paul II, and Pope Benedict XVI. He then used his point of view on Fatima to garner supporters, money, and influence. He refused to obey his Bishop and was eventually suspended from the priesthood by the Holy See. He was never reconciled to the Church.

Unity Publishing on Fatima

Canon Law and Fr. Gruner's suspension

False claims about Fr. Gruner and Fatima here

Fr. Gruner made the false claim that the Vatican was suppressing the "real third secret" of Fatima, in contradiction to Sister Lucia, and Popes JP2 and B16. He was essentially someone who gained an audience and influence by peddling a severe distortion of a true private revelation.

He died of a heart attack April 29, 2015.
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:56 PM

Interesting, but Unity Publishing rejects Gobbi, Garabandal, and Medjugorie. Another interesting fellow is Fr. Malachi Martin, who has passed, who stated he had read the 3rd secret. I believe Gruner was not obedient.
Old 2nd May 2015, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Interesting, but Unity Publishing rejects Gobbi, Garabandal, and Medjugorie. Another interesting fellow is Fr. Malachi Martin, who has passed, who stated he had read the 3rd secret. I believe Gruner was not obedient.

I don't expect any of my fellow Catholics to be perfect, and that includes Saints, Popes, Bishops, priests, deacons, religious, visionaries, theologians, etc. There was clearly some good devotion in Fr. Gruner, and some substantial problems with his life choices. I have some criticisms of unity publishing, and some complements.

On the other hand, some persons deserve more criticism than others. Malachi Martin is not a reliable source on theology, eschatology, or any subject related to the faith: Wikipedia page here His claims are entirely incompatible with faithfulness to the successive Popes and Catholic teaching.

I believe that the consecration of Russia was accomplished correctly, and so Russia was converted from Communism and from the rejection of religion. Now they have a democracy and are influenced by the Orthodox faith. There are still many problems in Russia, but we should not expect a consecration to turn all the people into Saints.

But I will say something more: the consecration of a nation is the consecration of its people. So as generation after generation passes in Russia, the consecration must be repeated. Eventually, the Popes and Bishops will fall away from this practice, and Russia will cause much harm, just as Mary predicted.

[Daniel]
{7:5} And behold, another beast, like a bear, stood to one side, and there were three rows in its mouth and in its teeth, and they spoke to it in this way: “Arise, devour much flesh.”

The bear is Russia. The book of Daniel predicts Russia causing much harm. I would date this set of events to sometime in the 22nd century.
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:55 PM

Default your opinion please

this is perhaps the wrong spot to ask this question but ---just asking, Ron, if you could give your view on the speculation of the theory on the Harbinger novel. Not if he is a good writer, etc, just the concept of what has been written and discussed --it makes a good read but do you think there is anything to it?
Thank you
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne View Post
this is perhaps the wrong spot to ask this question but ---just asking, Ron, if you could give your view on the speculation of the theory on the Harbinger novel. Not if he is a good writer, etc, just the concept of what has been written and discussed --it makes a good read but do you think there is anything to it?
Thank you

I don't think much of this type of speculation, and I don't want to discuss it.
Old 28th March 2016, 10:19 AM

Thumbs down Harbinger novel prediction failed

The author of the Harbinger multiple books claimed that an economic collapse would hit the entire world in 2015.
There was a downturn in the stock market but certainly no economic
scale that he predicted & the market has, in 2016 regained a lot of
its correction.

Thus: prediction failed.

Now the author is trying to use tidbits of economic evidence to classify the modest correction of 2015 as a global economic collapse. Moreover, he is now guessing again that there will be a total collapse in 2022. He believes in 7 year cycles but the history and evidence don't support his theories.