Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Judaism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 17th April 2007, 07:35 PM
AI2001

Default Pointing fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climacus Areopagite View Post
Just a little friendly advice. When your thought progressions in your posts become more coherent I will take them back. Either you type quicker than you think, or you are so full of mindless rage when you write you cant think straightly.

Listen AI2001 like I said before its good that you are passionate, and you make some good points about the evil of Islam. Just dont take it out personally on others in the childish, sarcastic, unreasonable, and uncharitable manner that you do.

Nicholas

Firstly, you should have asked me if I wanted your advice, friendly or otherwise.

Secondly, I don't have to listen to you. It is you that have exhibited 'rage' IMHO, you have admitted to being 'angry' and subsequently lashing out at an individual that you don't know.

Thirdly, it was you that demanded respect simply because you were a 'Christian Man' while simultaneously failing to show me any. Of course, you may actually think that psychoanalyzing me, equating me with bloodthirsty terrorists and telling me that I am somehow mentally deficient is a way of showing me respect and charity or "correcting" me, I would ask that you cease and desist.

Because such "charity/respect & correction" is not welcome, not by me.

Fourthly, since you appear to enjoy pointing fingers, why don't you take a look at that hand that points and assess how many fingers are pointing back at you.

If you are like any average individual, you will use your index finger to point, your remaining 3 fingers (middle, ring & pinkie) shall be pointing back at yourself.

So whatever 'failings' you are attempting to 'correct'/point out in me, with your notion of charity and respect, should also be reviewed & corrected in yourself.
Old 17th April 2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI2001 View Post
Firstly, you should have asked me if I wanted your advice, friendly or otherwise.

Secondly, I don't have to listen to you. It is you that have exhibited 'rage' IMHO, you have admitted to being 'angry' and subsequently lashing out at an individual that you don't know.

Thirdly, it was you that demanded respect simply because you were a 'Christian Man' while simultaneously failing to show me any. Of course, you may actually think that psychoanalyzing me, equating me with bloodthirsty terrorists and telling me that I am somehow mentally deficient is a way of showing me respect and charity or "correcting" me, I would ask that you cease and desist.

Because such "charity/respect & correction" is not welcome, not by me.

Fourthly, since you appear to enjoy pointing fingers, why don't you take a look at that hand that points and assess how many fingers are pointing back at you.

If you are like any average individual, you will use your index finger to point, your remaining 3 fingers (middle, ring & pinkie) shall be pointing back at yourself.

So whatever 'failings' you are attempting to 'correct'/point out in me, with your notion of charity and respect, should also be reviewed & corrected in yourself.

No comment we could go on forever. Let's make peace I forgive you will you forgive me?

Nicholas
Old 17th April 2007, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Speaking as a participant:

There is much to criticize in the Muslim faith and in the way that some extremists interpret the Muslim faith.

However, there are some devout Muslims; they reject the Divinity of Christ, but perhaps they do so with reduced culpability. So certainly some Muslims may go to Heaven.

Criticisms of Islam should be tempered by the knowledge that some Muslims are in a state of grace, and that some Catholics are not. Praise for Islam should be tempered by the knowledge that their teachings contain errors incompatible with Christianity.

Speaking as a moderator of this forum:

I don't read every thread or every post, so I am late in moderating this thread.
I want a range of opinions to be welcome in this discussion.

Please keep the discussion to faith and pious opinion.
If anyone makes an unkind remark, ignore it.
If anyone makes repeated unkind remarks, please notify my by PM.

I am closing this thread.
Please focus discussions more on Catholicism, and less on Islam.
Closed Thread