CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th October 2013, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Default New Prediction

I'm revising my book, The Bible and the Future of the World. The new edition will be called "The Bible and the Future: 2013 edition".
In working on that revision, I came to understand some more specifics about the timing of events.

The rare event in the Church that coincides with the Miracle of Garabandal (12 May 2016) is the double canonization of two Popes: Pius IX and Pius XII. Pius XII was elected on May 12th and Pius IX was born on May 13th.
So that means that the canonizations of John 23 and John Paul 2 will go ahead as scheduled in April 2014.

I think that the canonizations of Pius 9 and 12 will be carried out by the next Pope, not by the liberal but orthodox Pope Francis, but by his conservative successor: Pope Pius XIII (Cardinal Arinze). So this implies that Pope Francis' reign ends before that time, probably in 2015.

I am also making my prediction that a Pope will approve of the ordination of women deacons more specific, it will be Pope Francis who approves of the ordination of women solely to the deaconate. This teaching will be issued in 2014 or 2015, and it will be scheduled to begin in early 2016.

So my prediction is that the Catholic Church will have ordained women deacons in 2016. However, note well that if I am mistaken, and if the Magisterium decides that women cannot be ordained to the deaconate, just as they cannot be ordained to the priesthood or the episcopate, I will adhere to the teaching of the Magisterium, and you must adhere to that teaching also. No one should ever use my speculative eschatology as a way to undermine any teachings of the Magisterium.
Old 5th October 2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
This leads me to an interesting speculative conclusion, that perhaps the tribulation will begin between now and April, causing a delay in the double canonization.

Ron, you recently said the above on Sept. 30th 2013, So, I take it you've changed your mind about the double canonization (it's now Pius 9 and 11). What about the start of tribulation ?
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Old 5th October 2013, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
Ron, you recently said the above on Sept. 30th 2013, So, I take it you've changed your mind about the double canonization (it's now Pius 9 and 11). What about the start of tribulation ?

Yes, I've changed my mind on that point. But its Pius 9 and Pius 12.

In the 2013 revisions to my eschatology books, I've been consistently saying that the tribulation begins sometime from 2013 to 2016, inclusive.

However, I think that the most likely start for the tribulation is earlier in that time frame, rather than later (2013 or 2014).
Old 2nd November 2013, 04:03 AM

Exclamation Cardinal George prophecy re his successors

April 2012
Cardinal George (of Chicago, Illinois) prediction:
I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will be martyred in the public square.

(Note: Cardinal George is dying of cancer & has resigned his post.)
http://www.lifesitenews.com/.../card...als-will-close...
Old 2nd November 2013, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeindesert View Post
April 2012
Cardinal George (of Chicago, Illinois) prediction:
I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will be martyred in the public square.

(Note: Cardinal George is dying of cancer & has resigned his post.)
www.lifesitenews.com/.../cardinal-george-all-catholic-hospitals-will-close...

I think he is not speaking literally. He just sees a continuing rejection of Catholicism by society, one that will get worse as time passes.
Old 4th November 2013, 07:20 PM

Default if Cardinal is right, warning is a long way off?

if the Cardinal sees a "continuing rejection of catholicism that will get worse as time goes by"
THEN:
the cardinal must think the warning is a long time in the future; if the warning were next year; people would tend to start reforming
Old 4th November 2013, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeindesert View Post
if the Cardinal sees a "continuing rejection of catholicism that will get worse as time goes by"
THEN:
the cardinal must think the warning is a long time in the future; if the warning were next year; people would tend to start reforming

I don't think he knows about or believes in the Warning. But I think, regardless of the good effects of the Warning, the overall long-term trend is toward a worsening of morals is society and an increasing tendency to reject Catholicism.
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:46 PM

Here is an NCR article about the quote. Here, it was not the entire quote, which is below:

Quote:
"I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history."

The Cardinal has confirmed Ron's belief that he was speaking based on opinion and not prophetically. Regardless, it may be a prophetic statement in the end.
[LEFT]
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/tim-d...#ixzz2u5sC4vaF
[/LEFT]

-Jay
Old 9th April 2014, 05:56 PM

Default Three Days of Darkness

Is the warning and the Three Days of Darkness to be at the same time? or where does the days of darkness fit in --I read that Padre Pio predicted them --is this true?
Old 9th April 2014, 06:37 PM

Default Women Deacons

Ron,

In your opinion, how do you think Catholics will respond to the ordination of Women Deacons if this were to occur?

Blessings
Frado