CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - dogmatic theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th June 2016, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default Only 3 persons "for sure" in Heaven ?

Hi Ron,

I heard a priest saying in his homily that we can only know of three persons that are "for sure", with total certainty, in Heaven, and they are: Jesus, the Virgin Mary and the Good Thief. All other we are not 100% sure.

Many at that Mass were wondering "what?!"

The first thought that came to my mind were, St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist. So, according to him, we can not be 100% sure if all the canonized Saints are in Heaven.

I disagree with this priest. Also, it's clear to me that St. Steven went to Heaven for what it is written in the Bible. St. Paul, his martyrdom for the Faith! not to mention many other Saints, even the Patriarchs of the O.T., to me, they are in Heaven as well!

What is your theological opinion?
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 7th June 2016, 05:43 PM
Administrator

That priest's claim is ridiculous. I don't want to try to make a list of all the persons whom we know, by name, are in Heaven. But certainly, all the Saints are in Heaven, then the holy persons mentioned in Scripture, including Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, John the Baptist and his parents, the parents of the Virgin Mary, the 12 Apostles -- Matthias replacing Judas, Paul the Apostle, and others.