CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - moral theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th April 2007, 10:39 PM
MARIAN

MarieM,
Just catching up and I will remember you in my prayers and yours. As always and especially this week TRUST in his mercy and remember Divine Mercy Sunday next week. All will be well when God is with you.
God bless
Mary
Old 9th April 2007, 05:03 AM
MarieM

Marien,
Happy Easter and thank you for your prayers. That is more valuable than all of the gold in this world!!

I pray for you also and everyone here.

I hope you are well and I hope we all rejoice and do remember Divine Mercy Sunday.

God Bless,
M.
Old 9th April 2007, 11:34 AM
Love The Fisherman

Default Wake Up call..

The Soldiers Who Were Guarding The Tomb Of Jesus Got A Wake Up Call Which Should Have Led To Conversion But Instead They Denied The Truth And Embraced The Lie. They Choose To Follow Mammon. God Does Not take Away Our Free Will. When The Warning Comes We Can Choose to Reject Truth Or Embrace His Most Gentle Cross. Peace And Holy Love.
Old 21st June 2007, 10:51 PM
untamed_angel

A12001

Hi Im wondering why you think it is a sin in the Catholic Church to remarry? My understanding is that if your marriage is annulled you can remarry in the Catholic Church. Children are not declared illegitimate if you are annulled. If you divorce but dont get annulled you must live celibately.

Here is food for thought though....

Wasnt it St Paul who said it is better NOT TO MARRY ATALL ...but if you cant restrain yourself then marry.

I was discussing this with a Catholic friend and I have reasoned that if we had ALL been called to celibacy the world would have come to a hault. I think that was a personal call to Paul like John and this is why I think we need to pray very carefully for discernment about scripture unless Jesus himself said it. I thank God for the many celibate Holy men and women in this world who have given their life as a sacrifice and pray for the World daily but I dont believe it was to be everyone,s calling. I may have misunderstood Paul's scripture in which case I will stand corrected.