CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th April 2007, 02:35 PM
themilitantcatholic

Default Priests & Deacons

Please Lord, no women priests:

For the Lord thy God has chosen him (the priest) of all thy tribes, to stand and to minister to the name of the Lord, him and his sons for ever. - Deut. xviii. 5.

My sons, be not negligent: the Lord hath chosen you to stand before him, and to minister to him, and to worship him, and to burn incense to him. - 2 Paral. xxix. 11.

Blessed is he whom thou hast chosen and taken to thee: he shall dwell in thy courts. - Ps. lxiv. 5.

He chose him (Aaron) out of all men living, to offer sacrifice to God, incense, and a good savor, for a memorial to make reconciliation for his people: And he gave him power in his commandments, in the covenants of his judgments, that he should teach Jacob his testimonies, and give light to Israel in his law. - Ecclus. xlv. 20, 21.

I have manifested thy name to the men thou hast given me out of the world. - John xvii. 6.

For every high priest taken from among men, is ordained for men in the things that appertain to God, that he may offer up gifts and sacrifices for sins. . . .
Neither doth any man take the honor to himself, but he that is called by God, as Aaron was. So Christ also did not glorify himself, that he might be made a high priest: but he that said unto him: Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. As he saith also in another place: Thou art a priest for ever, according to the order of Melchisedech. - Heb. v. 1, 4-6.

And no women deacons either:

And in those days, the number of the disciples increasing, there arose a murmuring of the Greeks against the Hebrews, for that their widows were negleted in the daily ministration. Then the twelve calling together the multitude of the disciples, said: It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. And the saying was liked by all the multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith, and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte of Antioch. These they set before the apostles; and they praying, imposed hands upon them. - Acts vi. 1-6.

Paul and Timothy, the servants of Jesus Christ; to all the saints in Christ Jesus, who are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons. - Philipp. i. 1.

Deacons in like manner chaste, not double tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre: Holding the ministry of faith in a good conscience. And let these also first be proved: and so let them minister, having no crime. - 1 Tim. iii. 8-10.