CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th February 2008, 02:48 PM

Default How could you response to a false apparition believer?

So, I came to the conclusion I am an approachable looking person. Yesterday a gentlemen after the morning mass came to me and gave me two books (one in english, one in spanish) of a false apparition. He said he was member of this apparition and did I do not know what but to read the book of this apparition. Since I was walking out of church, I just took them and left. I inmediately knew without reading them that it was a false apparition thanks to Ron and his lectures on false apparitions.

I got to work and I took a glance at the book without reading them, then went to Ron's list on false apparitions and is "#46-Mother Eugenia, the so- called Message of the Father." Now they have a new website: www.maryscall.com and www.stannesgilbertaz.org, per the books. I was impress at the well put up books they have along with prayers cards and everything.

This is the second time somebody comes to me and gives me a pamphlet with prayers, but the first time was a real prayer. I think is kind of nice people see me as somebody they can talk to.

But my question is, how would you reply to somebody when they are distributing false apparitions information? What if this man comes back and ask me what I tought about the book? Did I acted wrong at accepting the books even thought I have not read them?

I am not very good with confrontations, so any directions would be greatly appreaciated. I am still holding the books just in case Ron wants to read them. I meant to post this yesterday but run out of time.

Thank you and God bless.

MA
Old 28th February 2008, 03:07 PM
Administrator

I'd be interested in reading those books. You can mail them to me, if you wish.

Mother Eugenia's claimed messages are false. They claim that if you call God 'Father' even only once in your life, you will certainly go to Heaven. This contradicts the teaching of the Church on salvation. They go to heaven who die in a state of sanctifying grace; the doctrine of grace and free will makes it clear that actual mortal sin is possible, even for someone who has once called God 'Father.'

This also contradicts what Jesus said:
[Matthew]
{7:21} Not all who say to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of heaven. But whoever does the will of my Father, who is in heaven, the same shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.
{7:22} Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and perform many powerful deeds in your name?'
{7:23} And then will I disclose to them: 'I have never known you. Depart from me, you workers of iniquity.'

Changing the wording from 'Lord, Lord' to 'Father' does not change the teaching that one must do the will of the Father in Heaven in order to enter Heaven.

As for accepting the books, you can just accept it and then later decide what to do with the books. You are not required by the moral law to confront someone like this, just before or after Mass, or in the sanctuary.

If he bothers you about this again, you don't have to be confrontational or argumentative. You can excuse yourself and leave, or ask not to be interrupted while you are praying.
Old 28th February 2008, 03:16 PM

Thanks Ron, it helped me a lot. I will send those books to you and God bless.

MA
Old 28th February 2008, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Ron already gave a great response.

In my opinion, since not even true apparitions are necessary for salvation and since sometimes even false apparitions help in the conversion of a person, I think you did well in accepting those books, you were prudent there. But since you know those are false, you can throw them away (give them to Ron since he is requesting them to you, of course). If he continues talking to you about this and if you see that this person has a true desire to follow God, then, you could tell him that you better believe another apparition *say the name of true apparition(s) here* because has been officially approved by the Church, but thanks anyway for his offer. God will take care of that person if he is truly desiring to follow God, “everything will be added unto that person” so he’ll know that what he’s following now is false, but little by little, step by step; also, the Warning will help him (and persons like him) a lot to find the truth.