CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th March 2008, 01:29 PM
Administrator

I'm not saying that God imposes His Will over our individual will, Iím saying that due to Godís Providence He can let a truly Catholic president (or leader in any country) go to power even in the most pagan situation ever, even today if He wills so. Few examples: The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, all the Judges (servants of God) who came to power when the Israelite people left God behind for paganism and then converted because God let a faithful Judge go to power and be subject to this new leader's rules, and God will do so again with the great Chastisement when the Great Monarch will come to power, and so forth, there are more examples. So, in the end, to me, even this (a truly Catholic president to emerge in a pagan country) is not impossible to come true with God, it has happened before in the specific case of Gabriel Garcia Moreno, and it can happen again.
Old 20th March 2008, 08:18 AM
Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
One last thought, I have always thought that Abraham Lincoln was at least the most God-fearing President who seemed to at least try to lead in accordance to the Word of God, but some have told me that this is not true. If anyone has any opinion on Lincoln in this regard, I welcome your insight and thoughts.

When talking about people, God and sin, I don't think he meant black people to be included.:

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.

(From his speeches)
Old 20th March 2008, 02:02 PM
Administrator

- National Holyday starting today until Sunday. No work, except for necessary or urgent duties. No professional or commercial games shall be played during these days.
Old 14th April 2008, 01:44 AM

If I were president?

1. I'd pray, pray, pray.

2. Then I'd terminate all government contracts with any "American" companies that have their headquarters off shore.