CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th April 2008, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Default Important Invitation for Everyone...

Especially for people who live in the NY/NJ/ Connecticut area.

Hi all,

I would like to let you know that you are invited to welcome the Holy Father Benedict XVI this Saturday, April 19th in New York City along 5th Avenue - from 54th to the 72nd Street. Stay there earlier than 10:00AM.

It is practically confirmed that the Pope will pass by there with the Pope Mobil, and the Pope knows that we, Catholic groups, are going to be there, it's important that he feels welcome in our country. Many people from different parishes are going to be there. The more people are going to be there, the better. If you really can't go there, tell your family and friends.

It also important because this could be the one and only visit of this Pope to our country; also, there would be no surprise if protestant groups, homosexual groups are planning to attend there only to protest against the Pope, so the more Catholics who go there and says that the people are with the Pope, the better.

Remember when Jesus was alone on His way to Calvary and many people were insulting him, and perhaps, you said to yourself, I wish I could have been there to do something?.... well, this is your opportunity not to let the Vicar of Christ alone. We are not going to fist fight with anybody there, we are going there to support and cheer for the Pope only.

If you like, bring banners supporting the Pope - use only carton sticks for your banners (Do not bring wooden sticks becaue it can be used as a weapon and the police is not going to let you). On the banner you can write the parish you are from (The Pope likes to know who is saluting him), even though, it's not necessary for many Catholic groups from different parishes are bringing banners, and are going to sing him the "Happy Birth day" along other Catholic songs.

You don't need tickets or identification for this encounter because it's going to be on the mentioned streets of NYC.

Be there.
Old 15th April 2008, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Also, if you visit other Catholic forums, besides going, you are welcome to pass the word there too.
Old 16th April 2008, 06:23 PM

Brother,

Thanks for this information, I was not aware of it. It is the only opportunity I will have to even get close to the Pope. Hopefully we can make it. If not maybe we'll take a trip to Rome.

Last night during prayers, I prayed with my children for the Pope. My son said he wants to be Pope. One good thing it encouraged a discussion of how you actually become Pope.
Old 16th April 2008, 08:22 PM
Administrator

You're welcome!

That's a pretty nice thing you do praying with your children, they can be praying for you and your wife all their lives as well; also, they are the Church of the future in adult matters and as one of your sons says, he would like to be a Pope and God already has a plan for him and who knows!

It's also great to know that you may be going.

Greetings.
Old 16th April 2008, 11:43 PM

Brother,

I had to laugh...I am the wife! and mom!

Yes you are right, we don't know what God's plan is for our children. I just pray they take the right path, the one God wants them too.
Old 17th April 2008, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Oops! Sorry Sweet Basil,

Well, they'll be praying for you, your husband and why not, your entire family.