CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th October 2014, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Default Aspiring Nuns reality show

It's called "The Sisterhood":

http://www.christianpost.com/news/nu...erhood-127391/

The show seems interesting to me (the basic idea of what is like the life of aspiring nuns in convents is what I saw from the film "The Nun's Story, a 1959 film with Audrey Hepburn, among other sources), but I hope this is honest and the producers go along the lines to what the Catechism says:

Quote:
899 The initiative of lay Christians is necessary especially when the matter involves discovering or inventing the means for permeating social, political, and economic realities with the demands of Christian doctrine and life. This initiative is a normal element of the life of the Church.

In this case, a honest show with this idea may help women discern their vocation and to encourage them to go to a convent if they feel called by God.

Quote:
900 Since, like all the faithful, lay Christians are entrusted by God with the apostolate by virtue of their Baptism and Confirmation, they have the right and duty, individually or grouped in associations, to work so that the divine message of salvation may be known and accepted by all men throughout the earth. This duty is the more pressing when it is only through them that men can hear the Gospel and know Christ.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 8th October 2014, 09:26 PM

If its well done and attracts women to the religious life, than its all good to me as well.
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Old 9th October 2014, 06:09 PM

I've always been a bit of a cynic when it comes to these type of shows. Sensationalism sells and I see a lot of these programs really cast a bad light on Catholicism and religion in general. I suppose it depends on which network it'll air on.

I'd love to see some shows that cast a true light on the faith.