CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - moral theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th June 2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Default euthanasia leads to other types of murder

Euthanasia is a type of murder; it is the direct and deliberate killing of an innocent human person.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-consent.html

"More than 100 nurses admitted to researchers that they had taken part in 'terminations without request or consent'."

They don't even call it murder in the story, even though the patient did not ask or consent to be killed. If someone kills you, and you did not ask or consent to be killed, it is no longer even the grave immorality of assisted suicide (which is basically what that intrinsically unjust law permits); it is premeditated homicide (first degree). Yet they call it a 'termination without request or consent'.

These 100+ nurses represent nearly half of all the nurses in that nation who are able (certified?) to carry out euthanasia. The extent of these systematic murders is very troubling.

This is what happens when people legalize one type of murder; it leads to other types of murder. They legalize euthanasia (specifically assisted suicide), and soon persons are being killed without any consent (premeditated homicide). They change the terminology so that the type of murder called assisted suicide is disingenuously called 'mercy killing', and soon other types of murder are no longer called murder.

The same process occurs with abortion; it is legalized murder with the consent of the mother. But soon we find out that minors, who are legally unable to consent, are being given abortions without parental permission; that prenatals are terminated when they are viable outside the womb; that pills become available to kill a prenatal in the comfort of your own home; that infants are killed during birth, or even after birth if the abortion fails.

One serious sin leads to another. Turn a blind eye to one grave sin and soon you are turning a blind eye to many grave sins.

A nation that permits gay marriage, on one excuse or another, soon ends up teaching their children that homosexuality is good, not evil.

A nation that uses contraception soon turns to all manner of sexual sins, and to widespread abortion.

[Isaiah]
{5:20} Woe to you who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light, and light for darkness; who exchange bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Old 11th June 2010, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Sadly, many doctors try to make Abortion of Down Syndrome children look as if that is a medical treatment, as if Down syndrome children are a disease for the pregnant mother.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:32 AM

Default I fear the next stage

of abortion will be the murder of infants. I am starting to hear people refer to infant as being in the 4th trimester. This sounded inocent enough to me when I first heard it but I now fear that it will lead to the murder of innocent infants.
I have heard some even advocate that children up to 2 years of age should not be considered conscience enough to be considered human or alive. This type of thinking opens the path for much evil.