CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Catholics and other Christians
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th November 2010, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCelciuS View Post
I have found that some Protestant music is so embracing..., touching, and stunningly good... especially the lyric... its lyric is so beautiful, touching, and embracing my faith..., somehow it refreshes my faith and emotion to be more alive...

Ron, is it okay to socialize with them in their young organization.., having singing together in their event..., I find this is different experience than in our Church...

I know our Church is The True One, but somehow theirs have some plus factor than our Church...

It's like having a vacation of faith when singing and praying, glorifying Lord Jesus with them...

This sensation is different... and I think it's good..., have some spiritual rejuvenating effects...

But above all I'll keep my Catholic faith...

It is moral to associate with Protestants as long as you are not harmed, and as long as there is no danger of scandal.

I think that it would be a sin for a Catholic to join a Protestant youth organization, since he might be influenced subtly toward Protestant errors, they might try to convert him, and he would be setting a bad example for other Catholics, who might not be able to resist their influence.

Nice singing and good feelings are not a sufficient reason to join such a group.
Old 30th November 2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
It is moral to associate with Protestants as long as you are not harmed, and as long as there is no danger of scandal.

I think that it would be a sin for a Catholic to join a Protestant youth organization, since he might be influenced subtly toward Protestant errors, they might try to convert him, and he would be setting a bad example for other Catholics, who might not be able to resist their influence.

Nice singing and good feelings are not a sufficient reason to join such a group.

Umm yeah, sorry for used the word "join", I mean maybe it is better to use word "come", I'd like to come to their events and enjoy their music

And, I hope that I can be a beacon there, not they that influence me , but me who if there are chances try to open their mind... I hope...

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 30th November 2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Umm yeah, sorry for used the word "join", I mean maybe it is better to use word "come", I'd like to come to their events and enjoy their music

And, I hope that I can be a beacon there, not they that influence me , but me who if there are chances try to open their mind... I hope...

Oh, just attending to listen to the music, that should be fine.
Sorry I misunderstood.
Old 1st December 2010, 06:33 PM
Mark

Quote:
I have found that some Protestant music is so embracing..., touching, and stunningly good... especially the lyric... its lyric is so beautiful, touching, and embracing my faith..., somehow it refreshes my faith and emotion to be more alive...

Ron, is it okay to socialize with them in their young organization.., having singing together in their event..., I find this is different experience than in our Church...

I know our Church is The True One, but somehow theirs have some plus factor than our Church...

It's like having a vacation of faith when singing and praying, glorifying Lord Jesus with them...

This sensation is different... and I think it's good..., have some spiritual rejuvenating effects...

But above all I'll keep my Catholic faith...

Protestants attract many people through music, because they put alot of emphasis on the emotional - touchy - feeling experience. Catholic music of old is much better than the new age stuff of today. I know the Protestant churches are trying real hard to attract our youth through music (not theology) and they are quite successful. The problem is, once they bait our youth on music, they hook them on unsound doctrine.
Old 2nd December 2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Protestants attract many people through music, because they put alot of emphasis on the emotional - touchy - feeling experience. Catholic music of old is much better than the new age stuff of today. I know the Protestant churches are trying real hard to attract our youth through music (not theology) and they are quite successful. The problem is, once they bait our youth on music, they hook them on unsound doctrine.

For me,

when the time comes to hear their sermon, I hear it when it is not contrary to Catholic faith and just ignore it when they talked their unsound doctrine. I go there for refreshing, not for searching their doctrine, so I don't put too much attention on their sermon.

And I go to Mass for the True of everything. I like Catholic Church music, but after years hearing the same music I think it's not bad to find another type of Christian music just for refreshing... , if I want to search for my Faith, I'll search it on sermon at our Mass or at this forum, one for sure is I'll search it on trusted Roman Catholic resources and services.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:52 PM
supporting member

Quote:
For me,

when the time comes to hear their sermon, I hear it when it is not contrary to Catholic faith and just ignore it when they talked their unsound doctrine. I go there for refreshing, not for searching their doctrine, so I don't put too much attention on their sermon.

And I go to Mass for the True of everything. I like Catholic Church music, but after years hearing the same music I think it's not bad to find another type of Christian music just for refreshing... , if I want to search for my Faith, I'll search it on sermon at our Mass or at this forum, one for sure is I'll search it on trusted Roman Catholic resources and services.

ExC, then maybe you might make a friend and have them come with you to Mass.
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
ExC, then maybe you might make a friend and have them come with you to Mass.

I'll try that, in my opinion our songs is much more graceful and glorious than them... , but their songs' lyric is more flexible than us and sometime more touching, I'm impressed with their lyric, somehow their lyric can say our sorrow... and give us strength in our faith...

Touching lyric + beautiful calming sound that what makes me loved theirs just as I love our graceful and glorious songs O' Holy Night which usually played at this Christmas
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:59 PM
Jeanne D'Arc

As we grow older things change. Some things for the good and some things, not so good. My memories are so wound up in the beautiful Catholic rituals of my younger days: The gorgeous churches, the smell of incense during Benediction and the Ultimate Sacrifice played out daily on beautifully carved altars. If I live to be one hundred I could never hear the Pange Lingua or Tantum Ergo too many times. As a little girl, I found the Latin words strange and tedious. But now I sometimes long for those days of quietude that were prevalent in our churches in the 50's and early 60's. My point, dear Excelcius, is to be careful of the memories you create. In a far-off day you will be dusting them off and bringing them out to cherish and relive. You will remember the sights and sounds and even the smells of your faith. Make sure that they are pure and faithful. Although the Catholic Church has adopted some of the hymns of other denominations, some of them have been left out because they are not representative of our faith and as such do not belong in our liturgies.

God Bless you in your endeavors.
Old 2nd December 2010, 02:40 PM

Smile Everything will be beautiful in His Time, My Heart believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne D'Arc View Post
As we grow older things change. Some things for the good and some things, not so good. My memories are so wound up in the beautiful Catholic rituals of my younger days: The gorgeous churches, the smell of incense during Benediction and the Ultimate Sacrifice played out daily on beautifully carved altars. If I live to be one hundred I could never hear the Pange Lingua or Tantum Ergo too many times. As a little girl, I found the Latin words strange and tedious. But now I sometimes long for those days of quietude that were prevalent in our churches in the 50's and early 60's. My point, dear Excelcius, is to be careful of the memories you create. In a far-off day you will be dusting them off and bringing them out to cherish and relive. You will remember the sights and sounds and even the smells of your faith. Make sure that they are pure and faithful. Although the Catholic Church has adopted some of the hymns of other denominations, some of them have been left out because they are not representative of our faith and as such do not belong in our liturgies.

God Bless you in your endeavors.

Thanks Jeanne, don't worry I do not 'do like' all their songs blindly, I like their songs which are not contrary to our Faith nor to our conscience.

Here I will upload this 2 songs which is very deep in my heart..., so maybe you and other member could hear it too , and I'll give the translation in English, cause this song is in my native languange.

Links:
http://hotfile.com/dl/86489213/eafbf...rcaya.mp3.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/86490194/00c84...tunya.mp3.html

Quote:
Edward Chen - Hatiku Percaya ( My Heart Believe )

When I couldn't see Your Way
When I couldn't understand Your Plan
Yet I still hold Your Promises
My hope is only for You

My heart believe
My heart believe
My heart believe
Always I believe

(2x, back to start)

Lord I Will trust in You
Lord I Will trust in You
Lord I Will trust in You
My heart will trust in You

I will trust in You
I will, I will trust in You...

Quote:
Edward Chen - Indah Pada Waktunya ( Beautiful in His Time )

There are times to be sorrowful
There are times to be joyful
There are times to be silence
There are times to be full of saying

But above all
I know my Lord is working
Bringing goodness
To them who love Him

When I'm now in situation ( condition )
Which I do not want
When there are no answers
Why this is happen?

But above all
I know my Lord is working
Bringing goodness
To them who love Him

Maybe I don't understand
What is happening to me now
But I know for sure
My Lord graces will not be stopped

I'll entrusted all my anxious ( problems ) to You, Jesus
Because I know for sure
Everything will be beautiful
in His Time...

Oh and actually, I haven't go there yet, this is just my plan which I discussed here first ...

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 2nd December 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:28 PM

Today, I received an invitation to an Catholic Event from one of my family relatives, it's like their event ( Protestant ) , praying, singing, glorify God in a more flexible and modern manner, and of course this is a Catholic Event, there are Catholic Priests there, so this event will 'safe' for my Faith, there are no unsound doctrine, etc..., and for now I do not now if they will also hold a Mass there, but maybe this is a sign for me..., that we Catholic also have this kind of event if I want some refreshing... , maybe God want to say that to me...

Thanks Lord, what a wonderful way...