CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th April 2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default 2 years spiritual preparation

So as is now clear from the articles about the secrets, we have two years to prepare for the Warning on April 10th, 2009.

I think each person should prepare in their own individual way; there is no one-size-fits-all method of preparation. But I recommend regular Communion and Confession, the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet, and frequent examinations of conscience to root out any remaining sins, especially those that might lead to serious sin.

Ron
Old 9th April 2007, 07:05 PM
themilitantcatholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I recommend regular Communion and Confession, the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet, and frequent examinations of conscience

Yes all of the above.
For me personally it helps out a great deal regarding all of the above by attending daily Mass (for some it may not be possible), but I am able to attend Mass in the morning before work, and when I do, it makes a tremendous difference.

I need to get back into my daily Mass starting tomorrow.
Old 11th April 2007, 01:41 AM

Also, besides all of the above, service to others is necessary. The corporal and spiritual works of mercy are great guidelines. And when we give of ourselves, we must be loving, especially to those who are most reviled.
"I give you a new commandment. Love another as I have loved you."

Joey
Old 11th April 2007, 04:56 AM

When looking back at the times where I had rapid success in overcoming sin, it always coincided with my regular trips to Eucharistic adoration. I think I will try for the following:

1. Daily rosary
2. Daily Divine mercy chaplet
3. daily mass (I do not do this now, and it is very hard with 2 young children)
4. at least weekly Eucharistic adoration (I try to go during lunch every Monday)
5. 30 minutes of scripture per day when possible.
6. fasting once per week
7. Daily dosage of Catholic planet

With these steps, for me, I think are a great foundation to ward off temptation and overcome the sins I have trouble leaving behind.

-jay