CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th October 2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default Divine Mercy Chaplet information sheet

The version given by MarieMarie is good:

The Divine Mercy Chaplet (to be prayed using rosary beads):

Sign of the Cross - In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

OPENING PRAYER:

You expired, O Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls and the ocean of Mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus, as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You. (3 times)

The Our Father
Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

The Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to dead. On the third day He rose again, He ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God, the Father almighty. He shall come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Using the beads of the five decades of the Rosary, pray:

On the OUR FATHER BEADS:
Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

On the HAIL MARY BEADS:
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have Mercy on us and on the whole world.

In conclusion (3 times):

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have Mercy on us and on the whole world. (3 times)

CLOSING PRAYER:

Eternal God, in whom Mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion - inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your Mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen.

Sign of the Cross - In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Can anyone improve on it?
Should anything be added?
Old 15th October 2007, 04:20 AM
CRW

I have just returned from my trip to EWTN, WV, and NC and am trying to catch up on all the post.

I must have missed the grounds rules and will read the various posts again tomorrow, if time is available.

Concerning the Chaplet of Divine Mercy:

Is there a page that discusses Divine Mercy Sunday? How it originated? The promises made my Jesus concerning the Divine Mercy Sunday. The promises made by Jesus concerning the Chaplet of Divine Mercy? I put together below for your review; if it is not necessary or has already been done – no problem. I left out the picture Jesus had Sr. (St.) Faustina paint; which in and of itself, should be part of this devotion.

My daughter, tell the whole world about My inconceivable mercy. I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My Mercy. The Soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion (on this day) shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment.

On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sin be as scarlet. My mercy is so great that no mind, be it of man or of angel, will be able to fathom it throughout eternity,

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy was dictated to Sr. Faustina by the Lord Jesus Himself as a prayer of atonement of God’s wrath.

Those who recite this Chaplet offer to God the Father “the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity”, of Jesus Christ in atonement for their sins, the sins of their love ones, and those of the entire world. By uniting themselves with the sacrifice of Jesus, they appeal to the great love that our Heavenly Father has for His Son and, in Him, for all humanity.

The Lord said: “When this chaplet is said by the bedside of a dying person, God’s anger is placated, unfathomable mercy envelops the soul.” “It pleases Me to grant everything they ask of me by saying the chaplet”…if what you ask for is compatible with My will. “The souls that say this chaplet will be embraced by My mercy during their lifetime and especially at the hour of their “death”.

Cecil
Old 15th October 2007, 11:23 AM
Administrator

thanks Cecil

That text will be useful.

We also need a description on how to pray the DMC
Old 15th October 2007, 04:33 PM
CRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
thanks Cecil

That text will be useful.

We also need a description on how to pray the DMC

Ron,

I attached a simple version of the DMC.

Cecil

Last edited by CRW : 26th October 2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 15th October 2007, 04:37 PM
CRW

Ron,

My attachment had a picture of the beads to say the DMC. I opened the attachment and the picture opened once but not the second time.

Cecil
Old 15th October 2007, 09:25 PM
Administrator

The picture worked fine for me.
I think we can add some more text to the sheet, maybe borrowing from some of the other posts.
Old 15th October 2007, 09:59 PM
CRW

Quote:
The picture worked fine for me.
I think we can add some more text to the sheet, maybe borrowing from some of the other posts.

If you wish, I could work on that tomorrow. My goal was to keep it to one page of print. I could reduce the print size or spacing or make two pages - front and back for print - your call.

Cecil
Old 15th October 2007, 11:49 PM
Administrator

One side of one page please.
You can go to .75 side margins and .5 or .75 top and bottom margins.
12 point type size is optimal.

thanks
Old 16th October 2007, 12:16 AM
CRW

Quote:
One side of one page please.
You can go to .75 side margins and .5 or .75 top and bottom margins.
12 point type size is optimal.

thanks

Last edited by CRW : 26th October 2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:14 PM
Administrator

the text is good, but I think that the picture of the Rosary is not helpful.
And I like MarieMarie's explanation of the prayers better.
I'll work on revising it further.