CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th April 2016, 09:16 PM

Bishop Barron Q&A on “Amoris Laetitia” (The Joy of Love)

Upon the text's release, Huffington Post ran the headline "Pope Relaxes Church Rules on Divorce" and NPR said "Pope Calls For More Grace, Less Dogma On Issues of Divorce, Contraception." Is this really what the Pope does in the exhortation?

Bishop Robert Barron: The Pope by no means is “relaxing Church rules on divorce.” In fact, he emphatically reaffirms the centrality and indissolubility of marriage, and he actually says nothing directly about Communion for the divorced and remarried. He is calling for greater pastoral sensitivity and for an honest assessment of the subjective culpability of those involved in objectively irregular relationships. And he is certainly not calling for “less dogma” in these areas, since he unambiguously reaffirms the dogmas and doctrines concerning marriage.

http://www.wordonfire.org/resources/...-of-love/5137/
Old 12th April 2016, 03:47 PM

4unborn:

This is the second article I read, and it seems pretty clear that Pope Francis has not changed doctrine in my opinion. Can you share your thoughts?

Ron:

Can you also think of a scenario in which this would apply? I think good examples would further clarify what Pope Francis means.

What does the Church say about the Amoris Laetitia?

“In his 1981 exhortation Familiaris consortio, St. John Paul II wrote, "The Church reaffirms her practice, which is based upon Sacred Scripture, of not admitting to Eucharistic Communion divorced persons who have remarried."

In his new document, Francis stresses the importance of individual discernment over one-size-fits-all style rules. He suggested that in some cases, a person who is divorced-and-civilly-remarried may not be in a state of mortal sin, due to mitigating factors such as a lack of full knowledge and consent.

The document has immediately been met with confusion, raising questions about whether this constitutes an actual change in practice, and if so, under what circumstances.

Fr. Granados offered a lens through which to view the exhortation. He emphasized that when certain areas are cloudy or unclear, one must interpret them in conformity with established magisterial teaching of the Catholic Church.”

http://www.catholic.org/news/hf/fait...y.php?id=68355

Last edited by Contrition : 12th April 2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 21st April 2016, 01:29 AM

Default Pope is losing it...

On immigration the Pope stated" Forgive the closed mindedness and indifference of our societies, which fear the change of lifestyle and mentality that your presence requires." While muslim immigrants rape and riot in European countries, muslim gangs all over,muslim countries refuse to take any immigrants. Christians and churches are being wiped out in the Middle east, He is my Pope, but, their must be a reason the Holy Spirit picked a complete moron.
Old 21st April 2016, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Pope Saint Celestine V made many mistakes in his brief papacy.
And yet he is a Saint.

"It is wonderful how many serious mistakes the simple old man crowded into five short months. We have no full register of them, because his official acts were annulled by his successor."
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03479b.htm
Old 21st April 2016, 01:40 AM
Banned

Location: Hereford(Shrine of Our Lady of the Sierras), Arizona
Default Slave To Our Free Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
On immigration the Pope stated" Forgive the closed mindedness and indifference of our societies, which fear the change of lifestyle and mentality that your presence requires." While muslim immigrants rape and riot in European countries, muslim gangs all over,muslim countries refuse to take any immigrants. Christians and churches are being wiped out in the Middle east, He is my Pope, but, their must be a reason the Holy Spirit picked a complete moron.

God is a slave to our free will. Men, not the Holy Spirit, picked Pope Francis.
Old 21st April 2016, 01:52 AM
Banned

Default Intentional, not Mistakes

[quote=Ron Conte;44602]Pope Saint Celestine V made many mistakes in his brief papacy.
And yet he is a Saint.

The words and actions of Pope Francis are not mistakes, but intentional, designed to destroy the Catholic Church. Pope Francis is not a saint, but the worst pope ever.
Old 21st April 2016, 02:00 AM

No, I believe it was the work of the Holy Spirit that picked him, maybe to teach Marxist left Catholics a lesson. I mean looked how he praised Dorothy Day, who praised Fidel Castro while Catholics were yellingl Viva Chrsterios in front of firing squad. Cardinal Dolan wants her to be a Saint. He is the Pope sent to lukewarm Catholics. We get what we deserve. I must pray for him, but his causes from global warming to Marxist economics are getting old.
Old 21st April 2016, 02:24 AM
Administrator

I think that the grace and providence of God assists men in picking Popes.

Pope Francis was perhaps chosen to test conservative Catholics. His reign will be short, perhaps another year or two.

And I think that the next Pope will be very conservative, to test liberal Catholics.
Old 21st April 2016, 02:24 AM
Banned

[quote=Jose;44605]No, I believe it was the work of the Holy Spirit that picked him,

I believe that it was the work of men who used their free will to listen to the unholy spirit.
Old 21st April 2016, 02:54 AM

Default Jesus promise to his Church

Unborn, if you believe it was an unholyspirit, then the Gates of Hell have prevailed. Even Borgia had some good things in his debauched reign.