CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Catholic Humor
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th July 2012, 04:32 PM

Default Show me the Faith

A millionaire is sitting in church, listening to various people go up and recount significant faith moments in their lives, crossroads where they chose God over some earthly attraction and came out the better for it. Eager to both tell his story and, somewhat boastfully, blow away the previous stories, the rich man walks up to the microphone and states:

"I began with a modest candy stand and, the first thing I sold my first day in business was a candy bar for one dollar. However, everything went downhill from there that first day and I did not make another sale the rest of the day. Frustrated, scared, and losing confidence, I decided to go to Mass the next day to pray for guidance. There I heard a missionary from Africa asking for donations. I looked at my one dollar, all the money I had at the time, and I asked myself, "Should I offer all the money I have to God for this noble cause or just keep it for myself?" Suddenly, a feeling of great faith came over me, and right then and there I decided to offer all the money I had, that one dollar, to God in the form of a noble cause, so I handed over the dollar, leaving myself without a dime but confident that God would repay me for the gesture. Sure enough, here I stand before you a millionaire. Back then, I offered all the money I had freely and willingly to God and was repaid many times over for my faith."

Just then a little old lady in the back of the church got up and, in a feeble voice, uttered, " I dare you to do it again!"
Old 17th July 2012, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Lol that little old lady dared to say that. I wonder if she's relative to the lady who gave two cents in the Temple.