CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Catholic Humor
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th July 2012, 01:38 PM

Default Wait, It Gets Worse...

A man enters a confessional in Germany and tells the priest "Father, I committed a terrible sin, I broke the law many years ago. It was against the law to harbor someone fleeing the Nazis in 1942 but I did just that." The priest answers "My son, what you did is not a terrible sin. Yes, you broke that law, but that law was immoral, so what you did was actually a good thing." The man says, "Wait, it gets worse, I charged the man $10 for each day I protected him from capture, I am so ashamed." The priest says, "Well, that was not nice. You took advantage of a desperate person and made a profit off their fear of capture and death. Yet, still, at least you did save his life, no?" The man says "Yes, father, I did save his life but, wait, it gets worse." Annoyed, the priest says "Ok, how can it get worse? You saved the man's life for a profit, but you did save his life, so how can it get worse?" The man answers "Father, I have not yet told him that the war is over."
Old 10th October 2012, 07:37 AM

Angry Plagiarism! . . . not about dead rats and disease in Europe

7th January 2011, 05:56 PM
feyfifer

Not so very long ago, an old German man was feeling guilty about something he had done, so he decided to go to Confession.

He said, "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. I feel terrible because during World War II I hid a refugee in my attic."

The priest said, "But that's not a sin! I wouldn't feel bad about that if I were you!"

"But I made him agree to pay me 50 Marks for every week he stayed."

The priest said, "Well, I admit that certainly wasn't the most noble thing to do, charging the man to save his life -- but you did save his life, after all, and that is a good thing. Don't worry about it too much; God forgives."

The man said, "Oh thank you, Father, that eases my mind. I have only one more question to ask you -- Do I have to tell him the war is over?"
Old 15th October 2012, 03:42 PM

Default Sorry, but it was an innocent act on my part!

Hey, sorry F! I never read that post, and I found this joke online. Here's one back to you ( which I hope you did not post a year ago!)

A man approaches the Pastor of his parish and asks him "Is it true that you ask for a donation for every 3 questions someone asks you regarding your parish programs and policies and, if so, how much do you ask for?" The pastor answers "Yes, I ask for $ 50 for every three questions asked." The man asks " Don't you think that is a bit steep?" The pastor answers "Not really, what's your third question?"
Old 18th October 2012, 04:20 AM

No need for apologies, my friend!....I was jus being frivolous and thought i could slide in that dig about Europe for a grin!..besides, like you say...its on the world wide web for all & sundry!
...and coming right backatcha..:

A priest and a nun were lost in a snowstorm. After a while, they came upon a small cabin. Being exhausted, they prepared to go to sleep.
There was a stack of blankets and a sleeping bag on the floor but only one bed. Being a gentleman, the priest said, "Sister, you sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the floor in the sleeping bag."
Just as he got zipped up in the bag and was beginning to fall asleep, the nun said "Father, I'm cold." He unzipped the sleeping bag, got up, got the blanket and put it on her.
Once again, he got into the sleeping bag, zipped it up and started to drift off to sleep when the nun once again said,
"Father, I'm still very cold." He unzipped the bag, got up again, put another blanket on her and got into the sleeping bag once again.
Just as his eyes closed, she said, "Father, I'm sooooo cold."
This time, he remained there and said, "Sister, I have an idea. We're out here in the wilderness where no one will ever know what happened. Let's pretend we're married."
The nun said, "That's fine by me."
To which the priest yelled out, "Get up and get your own stupid blanket!"