CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Catholic Humor
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd January 2012, 02:33 AM

Default Great joke I just heard...

A guy was down on his luck, so he went to his local track, hoping to bet on a winner for once. As he looked around, he saw a priest blessing a horse, and then noted how that horse won the next race. The next day, that man returned to the track, and once again saw a priest blessing a horse. Figuring he had nothing to lose and, despite the fact that he was an agnostic, the man bet $ 10 on that horse and, sure enough, that horse won. A few days later, the man returned once again and, sure enough, saw that same priest blessing yet another horse. Betting $ 100 on that horse, the man saw in amazement how that horse won netting him thousands.

Ready to go for the kill, the man sold all he had and took that money to the race track one week later. Seeing the priest bless a long shot, the man bet everything he had on that horse expecting to make at least one million dollars. To his shock and dismay, the horse ran dead last and dropped dead. Running to the priest in anger, the man yelled " I saw you bless horse after horse each time I came here and each time that horse won. Now I see you once again blessing a horse, I bet all I have on that horse, and that horse not only comes in last, but dies???? What happened!!" The priest calmly looked at the man and said, in a deadpan way, "I am sorry, but if you cannot tell the difference between a regular blessing and the last rites, that is not my problem."

Last edited by garabandalg : 3rd January 2012 at 02:34 AM. Reason: mistake in post
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:38 AM

lol
Old 3rd January 2012, 02:43 PM