CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Theology of the Body
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th October 2016, 01:46 PM

Default Social engineering in the Military

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...e-in-the-rank/

As a Roman Catholic and an Army Officer, this is a huge deal. It moves far beyond the simple acceptance of homosexuality as a service member's personal choice, which could still be seen a private matter which I (we) did not have to necessarily condone. This, however, forces leaders to actively participate in processes which are clearly and substantially wrong.

There is a meeting this week between the Archbishop for the Military Archdiocese, Timothy Broglio, and some other high ranking Catholic Officers on an appropriate response.

Our recourse must be to reason and not to over-reaction, as I feel that a mass resignation of Catholics from the military could be a graver harm than remaining and abstaining from participating in this process. Still, I and my Catholic brothers and sisters must acknowledge that we may be approaching a point at which resignation from our profession might be the only conscionable option. Please continue to pray for us, that we may find a way to serve both God and our Nation...but God first.

Saint Thomas More, pray for us.
Old 15th October 2016, 02:44 PM
Administrator

I am hoping that the Warning will turn the tide of this cultural approval for grave sins and disorders.

I agree that, at this point, Catholic members of the military are not morally obligated to resign or to refuse to reenlist.