CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - dogmatic theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th April 2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trswago View Post
I think soon enough will not be that soon.........maybe next Pope?

Yes, under the next Pope.
Old 5th April 2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
I must say I am impressed, you all seem to know your stuff. I always had the impression that councils had two main drifts either pastoral or dogmatic. For instance Vatican ii was pastoral and Vatican ! was Dogmatic and Trent was a mixture? Don't mind me I am only rambling to show I passed this way.

I think a better way to conceptualize it is that any Council can exercise any combination of:

1. infallible dogmas
2. non-infallible doctrines
3. pastoral advice and temporal decisions
Old 6th April 2007, 08:55 AM
Love The Fisherman

Default More On Excommunication

Hi Ron,
Can You Please Tell Me The Status Of Someone Who Is Ordained By A Bishop Who Has Himself Been Excommunicated. Im Thinking Of Bishop Cox Who Has Ordained Some People Including Dennis Ward Who You Mention In Your List Of False Revelation. He Is No. 82 On Your List. This Man Says Mass And Some People (Who I Know Personally) Claim That Because He Was Ordained By A Bishop His Mass Is Valid And Consecration Actually Takes Place. I Do Not Believe This To Be The Case But How Do I Prove It? Is There Some Canon Law I Can Quote?
Old 6th April 2007, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love The Fisherman View Post
Hi Ron,
Can You Please Tell Me The Status Of Someone Who Is Ordained By A Bishop Who Has Himself Been Excommunicated. Im Thinking Of Bishop Cox Who Has Ordained Some People Including Dennis Ward Who You Mention In Your List Of False Revelation. He Is No. 82 On Your List. This Man Says Mass And Some People (Who I Know Personally) Claim That Because He Was Ordained By A Bishop His Mass Is Valid And Consecration Actually Takes Place. I Do Not Believe This To Be The Case But How Do I Prove It? Is There Some Canon Law I Can Quote?

I'm not sure which Bishop you are referring to. Can you be more specific? What is his first name and affliations? There is an Anglican retired Bishop named Cox. Anglican orders are not valid. Their bishops and priests are not validly ordained at all.

If a Catholic Bishop was validly consecrated himself, and then left the Faith in some way (schism, heresy), he could still validly ordain priests. But such a priest would have to be ordained according to the form for valid ordinations set by the Catholic Church; then he would be able to consecrate validly, even if he is a schismatic or a heretic.

I would need more information to say anything specific to this case.

Ron
Old 6th April 2007, 09:17 AM
Love The Fisherman

Sorry Ron. More Info About Cox At: http://jloughnan.tripod.com/buckley.htm
Old 6th April 2007, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sorry Ron. More Info About Cox At: http://jloughnan.tripod.com/buckley.htm

Supposing that the information on that site is correct:
1. the statement quoted that
"whatever is to be said of the validity of the Orders,
the Church neither now recognizes nor will recognize their ordination"
does not indicate whether or not the orders of various named
persons is valid, but only that it is illicit.

2. there is still not enough information to know if Cox received valid orders.
His orders are certainly illicit, but supposing that an earlier Bishop in the discussed chain of ordinations is valid, he may or may not have valid orders.

What can you tell me about 'Fr.' Dennis Ward?
Are you sure that Cox ordained him?
What Church does he belong to?

Ron
Old 9th April 2007, 11:00 AM
Love The Fisherman

Hi Ron,
http://dennis-ward-watch.blogspot.com/ Will Give You Some Info And Pic About Ward. He Has His Own Website At www.osbfathers.com I Dont Know For Sure If He Was Ever Ordained And Into What Church. I Do Know That He Celebrates The Roman Catholic Mass And Gives A Good Sermon. I Also Know that He Is a Thief And A Bully.
Old 9th April 2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Ron,
http://dennis-ward-watch.blogspot.com/ Will Give You Some Info And Pic About Ward. He Has His Own Website At www.osbfathers.com I Dont Know For Sure If He Was Ever Ordained And Into What Church. I Do Know That He Celebrates The Roman Catholic Mass And Gives A Good Sermon. I Also Know that He Is a Thief And A Bully.

I contacted the Benedictines in Ireland about Dennis Ward. The prior of a real Benedictine Abbey said that the Archdiocese of Dublin had to threaten Dennis Ward with an interdict if he did not stop representing himself as a Benedictine priest, and that the Archdiocesan authorities in Dublin are not sure whether any of these people were ordained by some maverick schismatic bishop.

Ron