CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29th September 2014, 08:22 PM
Contrition Contrition is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 39
Default Economic Collapse

Ron:

If you type in "economic collapse" in You tube, you will find that there are many economists/wealthy people who are warning that it is just a matter of time before the U.S. has and economic collapse do to the constant printing of fiat money. If this were to happen, we would fall into a really great depression and famine. For this reason, I have started to buy gold and silver for emergency (not investment) purposes. What are your thoughts on this warning?

Last edited by Contrition : 29th September 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29th September 2014, 11:33 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrition View Post
Ron:

If you type in "economic collapse" in You tube, you will find that there are many economists/wealthy people who are warning that it is just a matter of time before the U.S. has and economic collapse do to the constant printing of fiat money. If this were to happen, we would fall into a really great depression and famine. For this reason, I have started to buy gold and silver for emergency (not investment) purposes. What are your thoughts on this warning?

The economic situation is far more complex than those "imminent collapse" theories consider. It does seem that, eventually, due to the tribulation, the U.S. economy will decline and after a long time collapse. But at that time gold and silver will also become nearly worthless. And it is quite a few years away.

I don't know if, in the short term, gold and silver might be profitable. But for long term value, I would suggest: food, gardening seeds, gardening equipment, land suitable for crops, water purification equipment (LifeStraw Family), and other types of supplies.
__________________
Ron Conte
Roman Catholic theologian
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30th September 2014, 02:38 AM
Abba25 Abba25 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Ron...I disagree.. even during the tribulation there will be an economy...otherwise how would the USA wage war, how would the world fight..the world ( and the USA) will still function with a severly depressed economy. To survive, I agree that its best that you stock up on supplies , Like you mentioned. However, if for some reason you run out of a specific item, you better have gold or silver or be able to barter with something you have or a skill you possess...paper money will be worthless...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30th September 2014, 03:07 AM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,566
Default

I think that, near the end of the first part of the tribulation, there will be a world war (World War 4) that will be an all-out nuclear war. In the devastation that follows, money will lose its value, as will gold and silver.

{6:12} And when he had opened the sixth seal, I saw, and behold, a great earthquake occurred. And the sun became black, like a haircloth sack, and the entire moon became like blood.
{6:13} And the stars from heaven fell upon the earth, just as when a fig tree, shaken by a great wind, drops its immature figs.
{6:14} And heaven receded, like a scroll being rolled up. And every mountain, and the islands, were moved from their places.
{6:15} And the kings of the earth, and the rulers, and the military leaders, and the wealthy, and the strong, and everyone, servant and free, hid themselves in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.
{6:16} And they said to the mountains and the rocks: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One sitting upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.
{6:17} For the great day of their wrath has arrived. And who will be able to stand?”
__________________
Ron Conte
Roman Catholic theologian
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30th September 2014, 01:24 PM
Abba25 Abba25 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Ron , with all due respect, even with all that you quoted, it doesn't eliminate the need for an economy, and if there is an economy then there will be trading/bartering/selling/buying...If my family is hungry , then yes, I will want bread and not gold...but if I have plenty of bread, then I will want something that I can preserve..the whole population will not sustain itself on bartering and trading...there has to be some money transactions( most likely silver/gold

Centurion...I recommend you do a lot of storage( as Ron has suggested), and some gold/silver purchases for the longer term( smaller denominations of gold( 0.5 ounce max) . I believe 1 ounce silver coins
will work well also...also have some cash on hand , for the short term, but not too much, as initially(the early stages of WW3), inflation wont be an issue, but I believe 2 yrs into WW3 , hyper inflation will hit and paper money will quickly lose value
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30th September 2014, 01:26 PM
Abba25 Abba25 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Centurion...Contrition ...I must be going crazy !!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1st October 2014, 12:04 AM
daytonafreak daytonafreak is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
{6:15} And the kings of the earth, and the rulers, and the military leaders, and the wealthy, and the strong, and everyone, servant and free, hid themselves in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.
{6:16} And they said to the mountains and the rocks: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One sitting upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.
{6:17} For the great day of their wrath has arrived. And who will be able to stand?”

It is interesting to note in this passage that it talks about the wealthy. So we know that at least just before this event there will still be wealthy people. But exactly what type of wealth are we talking about? and by how much?

Last edited by daytonafreak : 1st October 2014 at 12:06 AM. Reason: add more info
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1st October 2014, 01:16 AM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonafreak View Post
It is interesting to note in this passage that it talks about the wealthy. So we know that at least just before this event there will still be wealthy people. But exactly what type of wealth are we talking about? and by how much?

Right. Prior to WW4, there is financial wealth. The war destroys much of the infrastructure of modern society. So I'm saying that, after the war, money is virtually worthless. And as the subsequent disasters progress, even gold and silver will be worthless. People will value food and the necessities of survival.
__________________
Ron Conte
Roman Catholic theologian
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.