CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Saints, Blesseds, Venerables, Causes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th March 2008, 03:10 PM

Default Deep reminders and messages from incorruptibles

I think that all of these examples remind us that, with God, our souls will remain beautiful forever but, without Him, we will rot in sin. It is a given that we will all sin, for we are human and weak. What is not a given is how we will respond to that weakness. We can either give up or keep fighting to be with God. If we give up it will be because we are either to proud, too rationalized, too comfortable or trust God too little. If we keep fighting it will be because we realize that, apart from our own unworthiness for such a merciful God, we love God and feel empty without Him and we know He loves us and wants our salvation.

The incorruptible body of a saint is a reminder that, with God, anything is possible and without Him, nothing matters.
Old 7th March 2008, 04:41 PM
Administrator

The incorruptible bodies of some of the Saints is a reminder of the Resurrection, when all the faithful will be given truly incorruptible bodies.
Old 7th March 2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climacus Areopagite View Post
Rob,

Have you heard anything about the exumation of Padre Pio?

Yes, on the 3rd of March he was exumated, but not much could be seen by the examining commission because there were little droplets of water on the glass due to wet conditions of the tomb (which was completed the day before his burial). The public display however will be in april; apparently the body is in good conditions although the humidity might have altered the state of the skin. Hands and feet are very well preserved and the stigmata have totally disappeared.
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 13th March 2008, 06:58 PM

I always thought that at some time all the incorruptibles would get up at proclaim the greatness of God during some future troubled time.

I have no basis for this thought...and it is what it is..just a thought.
Old 13th March 2008, 07:19 PM
Administrator

[Matthew]
{27:52} And the tombs were opened. And many bodies of the saints, which had been sleeping, arose.
{27:53} And going out from the tombs, after his resurrection, they went into the holy city, and they appeared to many.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator

[Psalm 15]
{15:8} I have made provision for the Lord always in my sight. For he is at my right hand, so that I may not be disturbed.
{15:9} Because of this, my heart has been joyful, and my tongue has exulted. Moreover, even my body will rest in hope.
{15:10} For you will not abandon my soul to Hell, nor will you allow your holy one to see corruption.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:59 PM
Nathan

Default Other Incorruptibles

Something I find interesting: Some of the incorruptibles not only do not decompose, but also emit substances and/or fragrances.

Some of those include:

St. Symeon the Myrrhstreamer
The Great Martyr Demetrios of Thesoloniki
St. Nilus of Mt. Athos, to whom an end-time prophecy about cultural degeneration in the 19th and 20th centuries is attributed.