CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 9th September 2012, 09:02 PM
Dan A Dan A is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KS
Posts: 205
Default

I don't think it matters if Israel attacks before the election or not. I don't see it guaranteeing his re-election. By all accounts he should lose in a landslide. But, I see him as Pharaoh. Meaning, that like Pharaoh, he is there for a reason.
__________________
King of kings and Lord of lords.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10th September 2012, 07:42 PM
Abba25 Abba25 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 86
Default IMO...next 4 years...

I am going to refine my opinion a bit more...This is how I suspect things will progress..

1. Obama wins election (Nov 2012)
2. Israel bombs Iran within 4 months after the election, but it is not a WW3 event. It doesnt last long. USA pleads with Israel that they have done enough damage. Israel stops bombing. Claims victory.There is limited retaliation...everybody is surprised at the limited military response from Iran. Iran is not blown off the map , or set back to the stone ages... Remember,Iran is 1 of the 2 horns...they must stay in tact... there is increased Islamic rioting and general civil unreast across many European cities , demonstating against the jews and the USA for what they have done to Iran... things continue to get worse for another 6-12 months( thru 2013)
3. Europes economy steeply dives, and USA's economy gets worse but not super bad (2013-2014)
4.USA forces leave Afghanistan( 2014)
5.Iraq becomes more radical because of the attack on Iran ( Iraq is the second horn)
6. Most all Arab countries sympathize with Iran.
7.A bomb is dropped on the USA, and at the same time the civil unrest in Europe is so bad that the European goverments lose control (2014)
8. WW3 begins(2014-2016)
9. Things get worse and worse and when things are at their worst, the Warning occurs(2016)

Understand ,that if the Warning is to occur in 2016( when things are at their worst), then there has to be sufficient time for the moslems to take "control "of Europe, not allowing mass, the Pope to be pushed out of Rome , eventually killed...all that doesnt happen in 3-6 months but in reality probably over a 2-3 year period. Also, Iran has to still be a major player, as well as Iraq...

Anyway, food for thought...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10th September 2012, 09:25 PM
garabandalg garabandalg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,657
Default Unreal

I think any people shouting no to anything favoring God shows how lost this world, this nation, this party, and this path we are on really is. It's like the Dems are shouting "crucify him", the GOP is at the side trying to figure out how to manipulate and take advantage of what is left after Good Friday and any coherent, faithful believer is standing amid the mob.

Truly the difference between this society and an insane asylum shrinks daily, with the asylum on the road to winning the race to decency!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11th September 2012, 04:18 AM
TheGiftOfLife
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
I think any people shouting no to anything favoring God shows how lost this world, this nation, this party, and this path we are on really is. It's like the Dems are shouting "crucify him", the GOP is at the side trying to figure out how to manipulate and take advantage of what is left after Good Friday and any coherent, faithful believer is standing amid the mob.

Truly the difference between this society and an insane asylum shrinks daily, with the asylum on the road to winning the race to decency!

Gar..the shouting of NO was 2 fold, it was a NO to God and a NO to the Jewish People. I think that is very prophetic that they are also saying NO to the chosen people that us Catholics come out of. Keep in mind that Judaism was THE correct religion before Christ came to fulfill.

Also, does anyone else realize they said NO THREE TIMES just as Peter denied him 3 times.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11th September 2012, 02:59 PM
garabandalg garabandalg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,657
Default Brings a chill to me about what following Him is really about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftOfLife View Post
Gar..the shouting of NO was 2 fold, it was a NO to God and a NO to the Jewish People. I think that is very prophetic that they are also saying NO to the chosen people that us Catholics come out of. Keep in mind that Judaism was THE correct religion before Christ came to fulfill.

Also, does anyone else realize they said NO THREE TIMES just as Peter denied him 3 times.

I have always believed that the greatest honor imaginable would be to stand with Him as they shouted "no" to Him. We should aspire to always say "Yes, My Lord, always Yes regardless of popular opinion or my own weakness, fear, inconsistency, ingratitude, and unworthiness. For there is no other Yes worth giving than You!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11th September 2012, 03:11 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,608
Default

[Exodus]
{23:2} You shall not follow the crowd in doing evil. Neither shall you go astray in judgment, by agreeing with the majority opinion, apart from the truth.
__________________
Ron Conte
Roman Catholic theologian
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11th September 2012, 05:50 PM
debtarr debtarr is offline
supporting member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 55
Default

Is it feasible to consider this?
1) The people at the Democratic National Convention are not denying God with their shouted vote. If we asked the majority of them, we would find they are not atheists but fall into the national majority of believers.
2) The "No" was meant to voice the idea that there is a separation of Church and State, and Americans do not need the government to spell out their religious beliefs.
3) President Obama is not the demon many cast him as, but he too is a person who lives his morality in action, not just words in a political platform.
4) Finally, even in the serious moral questions of the times (abortion, homosexuality, gay marriage), voters are not necessaily espousing them but saying that these are questions of individual conscience and the government should not make our decisions about them.

I ask these questions in all honesty, not arguing for them but looking for connections with other believers.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11th September 2012, 07:13 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtarr View Post
Is it feasible to consider this?
1) The people at the Democratic National Convention are not denying God with their shouted vote. If we asked the majority of them, we would find they are not atheists but fall into the national majority of believers.
2) The "No" was meant to voice the idea that there is a separation of Church and State, and Americans do not need the government to spell out their religious beliefs.
3) President Obama is not the demon many cast him as, but he too is a person who lives his morality in action, not just words in a political platform.
4) Finally, even in the serious moral questions of the times (abortion, homosexuality, gay marriage), voters are not necessaily espousing them but saying that these are questions of individual conscience and the government should not make our decisions about them.

I ask these questions in all honesty, not arguing for them but looking for connections with other believers.

I don't see anything wrong with your position on the "No" vote at the convention. But I can't vote for Obama because of his position on abortion and contraception.

Some voters might in good conscience think that government should not decide these types of questions. However, the Church does teach that the role of government includes protecting the unborn and the institution of marriage.
__________________
Ron Conte
Roman Catholic theologian
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14th September 2012, 12:03 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,608
Default

I've deleted several of the above posts for intemperate remarks about political candidates, political parties, and other members' posts on the same topic.

I know that politics, esp. in a presidential election year, stirs up strong emotions, but please moderate your sentiments with reason and a respect for other persons and their views.
__________________
Ron Conte
Roman Catholic theologian
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13th December 2012, 05:25 AM
Pontifex Pontifex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 588
Default

Ron,

2012 is coming to an end and major events have occured to help us discern the signs of the times showing us we have entered the end times.

However, we have not seen key events that need to unfold: a group of nations falling / being led under Iran and Iraq, the start of WWIII and the passing of the three Popes prophecy.

I think we may not see these events come to pass until 2016 or so.
__________________
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.