CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > ProLife and Natural Family Planning
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th January 2012, 04:42 AM

Default Proud of my small daughter, and not surprised at reaction

My youngest daughter, who is nearly 9 and in 3rd grade, got into a bit of a pickle today in her public school. It seems that the kids were asked to write what their fondest dream would be, and my daughter wrote "that abortion would end" which caused her otherwise great teacher to not read her answer and then briefly mention to my wife when she picked her up today that "most 3rd graders have no idea what abortion is plus some might be upset or offended by that kind of thing." My daughter was ready to cry because she thought she was going to be in trouble with us. Obviously, we told her how proud we were of her and added that, unfortunately, most kids her age and in a public school would either not have an idea what she was talking about or maybe make fun of her.

Actually, some kids made fun of her a few weeks ago when she mentioned Jesus in relation to Christmas.

Her teacher told my wife "It is obvious that your family has brought her up in a very religious environment as I can see from her responses on paper and orally.." If I had been my wife, I would have said THANK YOU!!!
Old 13th January 2012, 02:24 PM

Smile Mocked but blessed

G. Well done to you and your wife and daughter. When you are mocked and scorned for God's sake you are truly blessed. Pray for those who mock you.
Tell your daughter I am proud of her. Let her have a little pro-life prayer to keep and say every day. When she is older she will save many unborn lives and give great glory to God.

God bless
jbbt9
Old 13th January 2012, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Thanks for sharing Garabandalg, we Christians are like estrangers or "aliens" to this world because we live in this world but we are not of this world. Your little angel is behaving as a true daughter of the Father Who is not of this world, that's why the world sees your daughter as an "estranger", but the most important thing is that at that early age, she is already an ambassador of the Truth!

May God continue to bless you and your family, and of course, your little angel!

[John]
{15:19} If you had been of the world, the world would love what is its own. Yet truly, you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world; because of this, the world hates you.

{17:14} I have given them your word, and the world has hated them. For they are not of the world, just as I, too, am not of the world.
{17:15} I am not praying that you would take them out of the world, but that you would preserve them from evil.
{17:16} They are not of the world, just as I also am not of the world.
Old 13th January 2012, 04:37 PM

Default Thanks to the two of you!

Thank you jb and Brother, for your kind words of support. We all have to stick together because, as I mentioned in my blog, we have to "embrace the rain".
Old 15th January 2012, 07:41 PM

Good suggestion from jbbt9......I teach third grade in a Catholic school. We pray this prayer every day: "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love You very much. I beg You to spare the life of the unborn baby, whom I have spiritually adopted, and is in danger of abortion. Amen." They have prayer cards on which they name the child and write the date so that this prayer may be recited for nine months. I think(?) that this was begun by Archbishop Fulton Sheen. If you are interested in these prayer cards, I would be glad to send you some.

Joey
Old 18th January 2012, 07:32 PM

Default Thanks Joey

I will take you up on that kind offer and am sending you my mailing address via private message. God Bless and thanks!