CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th February 2013, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Default 3 Popes Prophecy

Concerning the three Popes prophecy of Garabandal, it was always debated as to which Popes should be counted. Some said that John Paul I should not be counted, as his reign was so short.

Formerly, I said the three Popes were:

1. Pope Paul VI
2. Pope John Paul I
3. Pope John Paul II

so that the end times would begin during the current Pope's reign (Benedict 16). But since the Pope has announced his resignation, unless some remarkable events occur before the end of February, I'd have to conclude that the three Popes are:

1. Pope Paul VI
2. Pope John Paul II
3. Pope Benedict XVI

So that the end times begin during the reign of the next Pope.

Here is my older post on Cardinal Arinze as the next Pope:
http://ronconte.wordpress.com/2011/1...ope-pius-xiii/
Old 11th February 2013, 05:20 PM

Default When Do We Say That The Warning May Be False?

I am trying to wrap my head around the ease in which the number of Popes has been changed to validate the Warning. Although prophecy is not perfect, why aren't we asking ourselves if perhaps, the warning, is a deception? Unless we get the Warning before Benedict XVI leaves his papacy, then this could be an indication that the messages are not from God. Just putting that out there. When would you reasonably argue that The Warning is not true? Would you change your position if Joe. M were to die? If not, why not?

Quote:
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-5
Old 11th February 2013, 05:33 PM

http://whatisgarabandal.blogspot.com...regarding.html
(about half way down on the left side)

"The four Popes after Pope John XXIII rather than three… This is rather startling news to those who had read only about “three more Popes…” Actually this was reported in a book in the German Language published in the early 1990’s, but it seems that most followers of the Garabandal drama were not aware of this and apparently are still unaware of this. Conchita said at the time of the death of Pope John XXIII that Our Lady had told her that there would be three more Popes and then would come the end of the times.
Mr. Albrecht Weber, the author of the book in German mentioned above, had become involved in Garabandal in 1963 and became friendly with Conchita. On November 14, 1965, the day after the last apparition of Our Lady in Garabandal, Mr. Weber interviewed Conchita at her home in the presence of her mother. There was also present with Mr. Weber an interpreter. During that interview, it came out that when Conchita had spoken on the very day that Pope John XXIII died of “Three more Popes and then would come the end of the times,” her mother had asked her several questions.
In response to one of her mother’s questions, Conchita responded that Our Lady had actually said that there would be four more Popes but that She was not counting one of them. When Conchita’s mother heard that she strictly forbade Conchita to repeat that again as her mother feared there would be erroneous interpretations and much gossip. People might wrongly believe that one of the Popes might be false or bad, etc. During that conversation with her mother, Conchita also said that Our Lady had told her that one of the Popes would have a very short reign."

I think Pope Benedict's resignation is the event that leads to the falling away of belief in Garabandal.
Old 11th February 2013, 09:37 PM

for some reason the link in the above post is not working, try pasting this into your url bar if you want to see the page.

[I fixed the link. You can just click it below now. -- Ron]

Old 11th February 2013, 11:31 PM

Default This should not cause a stir in anyone on Garabandal regarding the Pope order or #

They key to such things is the true faith does not fall away on a whim or lose patience when things seem out of whack. The Visible Host was such a situation. People began to walk off as things got late, only to have the Miracle occur as a reward for those whose faith is steadfast.
Old 12th February 2013, 01:08 AM

Default End of Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonafreak View Post
(about half way down on the left side)

"The four Popes after Pope John XXIII rather than three… This is rather startling news to those who had read only about “three more Popes…” Actually this was reported in a book in the German Language published in the early 1990’s, but it seems that most followers of the Garabandal drama were not aware of this and apparently are still unaware of this. Conchita said at the time of the death of Pope John XXIII that Our Lady had told her that there would be three more Popes and then would come the end of the times.
Mr. Albrecht Weber, the author of the book in German mentioned above, had become involved in Garabandal in 1963 and became friendly with Conchita. On November 14, 1965, the day after the last apparition of Our Lady in Garabandal, Mr. Weber interviewed Conchita at her home in the presence of her mother. There was also present with Mr. Weber an interpreter. During that interview, it came out that when Conchita had spoken on the very day that Pope John XXIII died of “Three more Popes and then would come the end of the times,” her mother had asked her several questions.
In response to one of her mother’s questions, Conchita responded that Our Lady had actually said that there would be four more Popes but that She was not counting one of them. When Conchita’s mother heard that she strictly forbade Conchita to repeat that again as her mother feared there would be erroneous interpretations and much gossip. People might wrongly believe that one of the Popes might be false or bad, etc. During that conversation with her mother, Conchita also said that Our Lady had told her that one of the Popes would have a very short reign."

I think Pope Benedict's resignation is the event that leads to the falling away of belief in Garabandal.

I had not known of the rest of Conchita's conversation with her mother. According to this then, would the "end of the times," begin on Feb. 28?

Quote:
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-5
Old 12th February 2013, 01:28 AM
Administrator

my interpretation is that the end times begins during the reign of the next Pope. This agrees with the prophecy of St. Malachy:

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there shall reign Peter the Roman who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the terrible judge will judge the people."
Old 12th February 2013, 03:36 AM

My only question relative to his prophecy are the words 'final persecution'. If this is understood as the persecution towards the Church during the end times, then it makes sense, as the starting point of the persecution, not the end point. The end point being the set of events as per Revelation. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me. But the he puts a time frame for the persecution: during the reign of Petrus Romanus.
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Old 12th February 2013, 03:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
My only question relative to his prophecy are the words 'final persecution'. If this is understood as the persecution towards the Church during the end times, then it makes sense, as the starting point of the persecution, not the end point. The end point being the set of events as per Revelation. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me. But the he puts a time frame for the persecution: during the reign of Petrus Romanus.

there have been many persecutions in Church history. The final persecution is the whole end times, including both parts of the tribulation.
Old 12th February 2013, 04:16 PM
Administrator

My booklet:
The Future and the Popes [Kindle Edition]
http://www.amazon.com/The-Future-Pop...dp/B00BK6I7NA/
is relevant to the current events unfolding now in the Church, esp. the transition to a new Pope and the events that will follow.

If anyone has read this booklet, or any of my other books available at Amazon, I wonder if you would be willing to write a brief and honest review.

thanks,