CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th November 2008, 04:09 PM

Default Book about the Warning

While browsing through amazon, I came across this book, which purportedly claims to offer a comprehensive analysis of the 'Miracle of the Illumination of all consciences'. It is written by Thomas W. Petrisko. If anyone has heard of this person or of this book, could you please offer your opinion?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/189...pf_rd_i=507846

What makes me very sceptical is that he has also written a book which seems to promote the false apparitions of Christina Gallagher, so I think his book about the warning could be highly dubious. I fear that he may even have used her erroneous information about the warning to substantiate the claims in his book.
Old 2nd December 2008, 04:41 PM
supporting member

Default I have read his book

I have read his book and I enjoyed it. He opens with a discussion of "conscience" and it's function in ordinary life. He then describes the "Illumination of all Consciences". He lists many visionaires down thru the ages who have prophesized The Great Warning. He references Garabandal, Barbara Centilli, Father Stefano Gobbi, and Matthew Kelly. I don't remember any reference to Christina Gallager.

Since a World Wide Warning has never occurred before, there is nobody who can describe it with absolute authority. We all reference the same visionaires who have described it thru their apparitions. Some of us believe and some of us do not.

I consider this book simply another opinion of a devout Catholic writer who has done the research and shared his opinion.
Old 2nd December 2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Like many others who write on the subject of private revelation or eschatology, Petrisko does not discern between true and false private revelations, nor does he discern within true private revelations which points are reliable and which are not.

Barbara Centilli is on my list of false private revelations.
Matthew Kelly's claimed private revelation is also false, and will be added to my list.

180. Matthew Kelly of Sydney Australia - claims a private revelation in which the Warning [of Garabandal] is called 'mini-judgment.' This idea is incorrect, since in Catholic teaching there are only two judgments, the particular and the general. The Warning show us the sins on our conscience, but it does not review the good and bad in one's entire life. Kelly's messages also claim that man should never judge the action of themselves or the actions of others. This is a distortion of Catholic teaching. Though Christ taught us not to judge persons (Mt. 7:1), He also taught us to judge for ourselves what is just (Lk 12:57, Jn 7:24), which of course necessarily includes judging which actions are just and which are unjust.
Old 2nd December 2008, 06:47 PM
DiAZ216

I've also read the book and, whether or not all the referenced sources are true or not, I would recommend it.
Quote:
I consider this book simply another opinion of a devout Catholic writer who has done the research and shared his opinion.
I agree.
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:24 PM

I am interested in reading about the various individual sources that offer a prediction about the Warning, but if some of them are FPRs, that might confuse things.

I've noticed how there is relatively little private prophecies about the Warning from Saints and Blesseds, unless I am mistaken. Can anyone name a Saint or religious that has prophesised about the Warning to some extent?

As for the book, I might take a look. I was worried about the author initially, since he has also written a book promoting the apparitions of Christina Gallagher. Once I know he has not used her false information about the Warning, I would be fine with it. It's just a matter of sifting the true private revelations from the false ones.

I've also heard that there is a good book out there on Catholic prophecy by Yves Dupont, which I might also examine.

Last edited by Shane : 2nd December 2008 at 08:38 PM.