CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > News and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th February 2017, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Default Effects of Climate Change concerns New Guinea Cardinal

Quote:
“It’s happening at this time and we don’t know where it is coming from and why it is happening...we have islands disappearing, being washed because of the high-rise sea level and people there, they have to move,”

Quote:
According to the Australian Government’s 2011 Pacific Climate Change Science Program report, temperatures in the capital city of Port Moresby have increased since at a rate of 0.11 degrees Celsius per decade since 1950, causing sea levels to rise at a rate of 7mm per year since 1993, since water expands as it gets warmer.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...aetitia-33686/

So, Climate Change may not be just a theory, but a fact concerning the world.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 24th February 2017, 07:48 PM
Administrator

73 degrees Fahrenheit today, February 24, 2017, in Hudson County, New Jersey. Nice for a town that usually is cold at this time of the year.

If cold places are getting warmer (unusual at this time of the year), I wonder what about the places where is usually hot, so are they getting even hotter?!
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 25th February 2017, 06:06 PM
Administrator

The climate is changing. The world is getting warmer. But we shouldn't let that be our top priority.

The ecology of Pope Francis includes all humanity, and the goods that we ought to pursue, with each good in that ecology ordered according to its proper place in the scale of values.
Old 26th February 2017, 01:57 AM

You guys need to be more clear...terms like "global warming " or Climate change" are vague terms...the issue is not whether either are occurring...since the beginning of time, there has always been climate change and sometimes global warming, and for that fact, some times global cooling. The more pertinent issue is whether man is causing either to occur in a significant/measurable amount...The answer is NO !! so don't stand up here and say that there is all this data that supports your opinion. Because I have read the data and I have read how it has been intentionally adulterated to support the global warming change. I don't , for 1 second buy the studies...MAGA !!!

Carbon Tax..the concept is stupid...and a money making scheme.... don't emit more carbon dioxide than your permissable amount unless you want to buy more carbon emitting points from a 3rd world country whom is not using all their points...tell me in Gods name, how on earth does this reduce carbon emissions...
Old 20th March 2017, 04:27 PM

The sun gets more luminous each passing year, so much so that in 1 billion years, assuming all this would keep going for that long, the sun will be 10% more luminous and cause the temperatures on earth to be so hot as to make it uninhabitable for human kind.

Volcanic activity spews ash into the air, making the world cooler for periods of time, depending upon the severity of activity.

Whether anyone can directly show causal data that my existence causes the earth to be uninhabitable is spurious at best. It is the politics of fear.

That being said, God made us stewards of His creation and we need to take care of it to the best of our abilities. Waste not, want not. The Pope's Encyclical, in my opinion, is clear on that.