CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - dogmatic theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th March 2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Default To all members

To the members of this group:

Do you think that this group is just a place for you to express your opinions or to meet other Catholics? It is that, but much more. I expect you to learn more about the faith here. I expect you to change and grow in the faith, and to accept correction when your beliefs and practices are not in full accord with Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium.

Otherwise, when the Warning occurs, you will be caught unaware (even though you will know the date well in advance). What is the sense to knowing the date of the Warning, if you do not prepare your souls? Not much practical preparation is needed for the Warning; you don't really need to store food or supplies or other such things. The preparation needed is spiritual.

Heresy is underrated in the harm that it does to the Catholic faithful. Heresy is always an objective mortal sin. If anyone commits heresy, with full knowledge and full deliberation, they commit an actual mortal sin, and they lose the state of grace in their soul. You do not want to be in a state of mortal sin at the time of the Warning (or at any time, really). You do not want to have any sin of heresy on your conscience, even if it is only an objective mortal sin, not an actual mortal sin.

Even if a Catholic does not adhere to an heretical view on one subject or another, not knowing the teachings of the faith on various points can be harmful; whereas understanding Church teaching clearly can help one avoid many various pitfalls in life.

So I'm going to begin a Teaching Series in this forum, and I want all members without exception to participate. In that series, I'll be focusing on the definitive teaching of the Church on various subjects. If you are not certain whether a particular point is required belief, or my own theological opinion, please ask. But participation is manditory.

Certainly, it is good to have a mere discussion group, where Catholics can meet online, discuss the faith, and support one another. But there are many such groups (Padraig has one). But I have found no good discussion group online where the Faith is taught and the members consistently make progress in understanding the Faith. What happens in other groups is that so many different opinions are expressed, that members have no idea what to believe; each one believes their own opinion, often without realizing that it is contrary to the Faith. Not so here. Not anymore.

I'm sorry if you want this group to be something else, or to continue to be what it has been. But I want this group to teach and learn the Faith, so that the members become free from all false teachings and ideas, and so will be prepared to assist others at the time of the Warning, when so many will be seeking answers from any Catholic at all.

Teaching Series posts will begin with 'TS:' and then the subject of the post. Please read all such threads, and please post at least once in each of these threads, so that I know you are participating.

You may also continue to post opinions, ideas, experiences, etc. in the various forums of this discussion group, and to encourage one another in the Faith, as you have been doing.

Members who do not participate in the Teaching Series will have their accounts set to 'former member' or will have their accounts deleted.

Do you think that this is harsh? You have not seen harshness yet, but it is on its way, to the Church and the world, from God. I would have you be well prepared for that time.

Ron Conte
Old 29th March 2007, 02:00 PM

Ron,
I am on board. Lead on.
Old 29th March 2007, 02:25 PM

Thumbs up

Ron,

I have learned a lot and I'm looking forward on doing so. I ready the forum almost everyday and some of the topics are way above my head.But will try to post at least once as you requiring it for your "TS".

Thanks and God Bless,

MA
Old 29th March 2007, 02:35 PM
Mario

Default Fire away!

2 Pet 1:5-11

{1:5} But as for you, taking up every concern, minister virtue in your faith; and in virtue, knowledge;
{1:6} and in knowledge, moderation; and in moderation, patience; and in patience, piety;
{1:7} and in piety, love of brotherhood; and in love of brotherhood, charity.
{1:8} For if these things are with you, and if they abound, they will cause you to be neither empty, nor without fruit, within the plan of our Lord Jesus Christ.
{1:9} For he who does not have these things at hand is blind and groping, being forgetful of his purification from his former offenses.
{1:10} Because of this, brothers, be all the more diligent, so that by good works you may make certain your calling and election. For in doing these things, you do not sin at any time.
{1:11} For in this way, you shall be provided abundantly with an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Old 29th March 2007, 03:09 PM
CRW

Ron,

I look forward to your TS series. I know that you will keep in mind that because some have medical problems or travel, it is not always possible to read and respond, as the series appear.

As for myself, it usually takes me more time to underestand and research the material posted. I am not as gifted as most that post on this forum.

Cecil
Old 29th March 2007, 03:12 PM

Ron,

May God abundantly bless you. I am on board, without hesitation. Thanks for your leadership, and may the Holy Spirit continue to work through you. Lead on!!!

thanks,
jay
Old 29th March 2007, 03:27 PM
Bomber

I am ready...
Old 29th March 2007, 03:30 PM
Bomber

BTW, can you state exactly where in the forum this will be, so I make sure I don't miss it when a new one is posted?

Thanks
Old 29th March 2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator

I'll set up a separate forum called 'Teaching Series'

Ron
Old 29th March 2007, 03:47 PM
Joan

When will the Teaching Series posts begin? How often will you be taking attendance?