CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th February 2013, 05:50 AM

Default Ron What is your take on

Cardinal Turkson. He is being highlighted on Druge Report as possible next Pope. I believe it will be Arinze. Because of his age, stature in the church, he will be able to lead the church on the path you laid out. Perhaps Cardinal Turkson if he conservative he may serve a long term goal since he is younger
Old 13th February 2013, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDavid View Post
Cardinal Turkson. He is being highlighted on Druge Report as possible next Pope. I believe it will be Arinze. Because of his age, stature in the church, he will be able to lead the church on the path you laid out. Perhaps Cardinal Turkson if he conservative he may serve a long term goal since he is younger

Cardinal Peter Turkson holds a clearly erroneous opinion on the use of condoms to prevent the transmission of disease (particularly AIDS). He does not see the use of condoms between a married couple, for the purpose of preventing disease transmission, as intrinsically evil and always gravely immoral. Instead, he sees it as merely impractical, because the condoms are not effective enough.
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/sto...ns/0904419.htm
Old 13th February 2013, 04:42 PM

Default Ok Now I See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
Cardinal Peter Turkson holds a clearly erroneous opinion on the use of condoms to prevent the transmission of disease (particularly AIDS). He does not see the use of condoms between a married couple, for the purpose of preventing disease transmission, as intrinsically evil and always gravely immoral. Instead, he sees it as merely impractical, because the condoms are not effective enough.
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/sto...ns/0904419.htm

Why the media is promoting him. Thanks Ron
Old 13th February 2013, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDavid View Post
Why the media is promoting him. Thanks Ron

I don't know why. But the media do tend to promote the more liberal among the Papabile Cardinals.
Old 13th February 2013, 05:35 PM
supporting member

My prayer is for Cardinal Arinze to be our next pope. I trust him, he is an excellent teacher/catechist with a good heart. His work with the Apostolate for Family Consecration shows his media savvy and he is in touch with the times without compromising the faith.
Old 19th February 2013, 06:17 PM

Arinze is up there for me, I'm warming up to Tagle I believe from the Philippines. Turkson is getting so much hype it makes me doubtful of him being elected.
Old 19th February 2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelos View Post
Arinze is up there for me, I'm warming up to Tagle I believe from the Philippines. Turkson is getting so much hype it makes me doubtful of him being elected.

Okay reading more on Tagle I've found that he is associated with the "School of Bologna" which is pretty far left.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2007/07/the-s...discontinuity/
Old 21st February 2013, 04:51 AM

Default Are you kidding?

Quote:
I don't know why. But the media do tend to promote the more liberal among the Papabile Cardinals.

Ron, with all due respect, you really do not know why? The media tend to promote the more liberal among hot dog vendors, so Papabile Cardinals would not be a stretch.

The evidence that the media by and large promotes a more liberal, secular agenda is overwhelming.

I agree with you on many points, and understand your side on others, but I am baffled by your wonderment on the bias of the media here.
Old 21st February 2013, 12:41 PM
Administrator

That just begs the question as to why they have a liberal bias in the first place.

I suppose that the liberal position on a number of issues is more supportive of certain sins, such as abortion, contraception, sexual sins, etc.

As for future Popes, the media would like a Pope who would change the Church's teaching to agree with their own ideas.
Old 21st February 2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
As for future Popes, the media would like a Pope who would change the Church's teaching to agree with their own ideas.

Of that, there is no doubt. A Pope who agreed with the media would be considered "enlightened" as well as a whole host of other things.