CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th September 2009, 12:54 AM

Default A new tv series similar to the Warning

A new TV series, called Flashfoward, starting 9/24 on ABC sounds similar to the Warning, although secular. The entire world blacks out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds and sees a glimpse of their future six months in advance. Everyone sees April 29th, 2010.

I find it interesting, but also a little disappointing at the same time. For some people, they will associate the Warning with the series or at least describe it that way.

Check it out here,
http://abc.go.com/shows/flash-forward/

Thaddeus
Old 16th September 2009, 04:17 AM

Default Most of what is shown on tv is rubbish, especially moral rubbish

When it comes to most of what is shown on television these days, I wish the creators would flash forward enough to see how superficial, foolish and/or pointless much of what they serve to the public really is. Sadly, the more what is shown carries the above negative traits, it seems the more popular it is, which says a lot about our society.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
When it comes to most of what is shown on television these days, I wish the creators would flash forward enough to see how superficial, foolish and/or pointless much of what they serve to the public really is. Sadly, the more what is shown carries the above negative traits, it seems the more popular it is, which says a lot about our society.

I think it will be very amusing when tv show and movie makers, just before the Warning, have a number of shows/episodes and movies and video games ready to be released, which are based on their past experience of what will sell well, and then the Warning occurs, changing what people want for entertainment. Shows, movies, video games that were expected to do well will fall flat on their face. They will not be expecting this result at all.
Old 18th September 2009, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Foul mouthing (worst than just "cursing") in movies and music has become so common nowadays that people think that it' is "normal". People is being influencing in many different ways with dirty, dirty mouthing that if God shows that filth in their mouths in a mirror like state of their souls, one could get very scared.
Old 18th September 2009, 05:26 PM

I have friend that always have 'cursing words' in 90% of what he said. I think, it's his style of speak, maybe he feels cool speaking like that, or maybe it's his habits of speaking.

The more frequent I chat with him, the more influence of his speaking come to me, although I resist it very much , because it's not my style of speak. But it's somewhat annoy me.
Old 18th September 2009, 05:29 PM
Administrator

This type of language is a symptom of problems in the person's spiritual life.
The remedies are prayer, self-denial, works of mercy.
Old 18th September 2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
This type of language is a symptom of problems in the person's spiritual life.
The remedies are prayer, self-denial, works of mercy.

yea, at last, I pray to God to sent away that annoying thing from my heart and mind. And thanks God, this 2 weeks is national holiday in my country (in calendar it only two days which is red, but in fact it is 2 weeks). So now I least frequent chat with him, thanks God.

But to think, bad habits can easily spread/infect/contaminating our heart and mind. It's very dangerous things, like a disease can infect other person and became epidemic.

You are true Ron, we have 3 biggest enemy:
1. our concupiscence
2. the secular society
3. fallen angels

One and two is the most annoying one, it's like a perfect combo to fall a man's moral, but like you said too, we should not underestimate number three.