CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th September 2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Jo View Post
Please pray for my family and all the residents of the counties bordering Galveston Bay in Texas. We are facing the wrath of Hurrican Ike. I live in League City, TX and we have decided to shelter in place as this monster comes inland. Most of my neighbors have decided to do the same. Fresh in our minds are the experiences we all had with the evacuation for Hurricane Rita three years ago. It has to have been one of the worst experiences of my life. Three million people sitting in unending lines of traffic for hours and hours. Actually over 100 people lost their lives in those lines. So now we wait. With God's help we will make it through but it will be a very scary time for all of us. The sound of a hurricane coming through is very much like a tornado. It sounds like a passenger train barreling through your house. Please my dear friends at Catholic Planet pray for all of us in harm's way. When electricity is restored after the storm I will keep you informed as to conditions here. Bobbie Jo

You and your neighbors will be in my prayers at mass at 4:30.

Mary's Child

Quote:
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-5
Old 13th September 2008, 04:51 AM
supporting member

Default In moments of anquish and in prep for 1st part of tribulation

Will say now a Divine Mercy chaplet for your family right now (15 to 1 AM East coast) begging God to lessen the damages of the passing hurricane. It is consoling to remember that during the drop of the Hiroshima bomb, one religious community (whose name escapes me right now) survived unharmed during during and after the event for many years without side effects. Reason? They were being faithful to their vocation and living out the requests for prayer and penance made by Our Lady at Fatima. So now more than ever, if we humbly and profoundly trust in God's supreme atribute, His Divine Mercy, we should be confident that he will protect your family and anyone who places true trust in God's Mercy now and in all catastrophes to come. God Bless.