CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th February 2008, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default Preparation suggestions

I suggest that we each examine what we have done for God in these three areas:
1. prayer
2. self-denial
3. works of mercy
and that we increase in any areas that we are lacking. This would be a good preparation for the Day of Repentance (the Warning).

prayers: Rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet, prayerful reading of Scripture, and moment to moment spontaneous prayer, either in your own words, or with one line prayer, such as:

Most Holy Trinity, have mercy on me, a sinner.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who
have recourse to thee.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Jesus, Mary, I love you, save souls.

self-denial: in the areas of food, entertainment, etc.

works of mercy: being merciful to those we happen to meet each day, also acts of mercy to those in need
Old 12th February 2008, 08:04 PM

It appears there is emphasis in the local church just to focus on these acts during Lent, but it is really a round the clock commitment to condition the soul from it's natural tendency to be self-centred and sometimes lazy.
Yes, the Day of Repentance will obviously traumatic as it is, without some kind of necessary preparation for the soul, so that we are in the best possible position to handle the situation.

For the sake of Your sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Last edited by Paul Bellett : 12th February 2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12th February 2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator

[Matthew 26]
{26:41} Be vigilant and pray, so that you may not enter into temptation. Indeed, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.Ē

Interesting how God call us to be vigilant and prayerful, itís the key not to fall into temptation and, therefore, to be holy (and do the other two things Ron pointed out [Self denial and works of mercy]).

If temptation comes, then, since we are vigilantes, we attack it with prayer or thinking about Jesus, His Mercy or Mary so we can destroy that occasion of sin. We must do it as soon as it comes, we must attack it at its root so we donít let that occasion of sin grow, then we take a necessary action to avoid it.

Then He says, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak; we must do violence to our flesh in order to imitate Jesus Christ and, therefore, do self denial and do works of mercy but we have to be vigilant and prayerful first in order to combat the flesh.

It's good to have present in mind that we live and die for Jesus Christ (God) and that everything was created by God, especially humans, that they were created by God with love.

Also, to think about the sacrifice God made for love of us; that we are sinners, yet He give us air to breath, a sun that gives us light and warm us up (if there were no sun, how could we live? In darkness?) so we should be thankful for every thing God has given us despite our disobedience or sinfulness.

It is also good to remember everyday at 3 pm His Mercy and do a little prayer in the mind if one is at work or a more in depth prayer if one is alone or in a Church (anyone can do it).
Old 13th February 2008, 02:54 PM

Default Thanks for the reminder much needed by this one

I need to improve in all these areas, and I am ashamed to admit that I often let the concerns and issues of this world take my focus away from what is more important.
Old 15th March 2008, 03:18 AM

Thank you all for your insight into these practical preperations.

Lately, I have been wondering and praying about how to prepare the ones we love for what is to come. Any suggestions on telling extended family members? When to disclose this information so as to not sound like an alarmist? In January 2009? Or within the Med. time frame? Also, any ideas on explaining what is to come to co-workers? Friends? even enemies?
Old 15th March 2008, 01:42 PM

Default Will the warning solve my problem ?

Dear Ron my problem is that I do not know what exactly I want to do in life especially with the relation I have with my girl friend. Do you think the warning will solve my problem or show me what is the best way to act ? Or is it sinful to wait for the warning to shed light for me ?
For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (Jh:18:37)
Old 29th November 2008, 07:28 PM

It seems to me that many people will want to be baptized after the Warning. As I was thinking about this earlier this morning, it occured to me that Baptism wipes away all sin. Does the Catholic Church teach that any Christian baptism wipes away all sin? The reason I ask is that most people who want to get baptized in this diocese need to do it after attending RCIA classes which culminate on Easter. Do you think there will be more opportunities for Catholic Christian Baptism and RCIA classes after the Warning?

Quote:
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-5
Old 29th November 2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Dear Ron my problem is that I do not know what exactly I want to do in life especially with the relation I have with my girl friend. Do you think the warning will solve my problem or show me what is the best way to act ? Or is it sinful to wait for the warning to shed light for me ?

You can wait for the Warning. I don't think that you need to act soon. (As I understand it, you are considering whether or not to marry her.)
Old 29th November 2008, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary's Child View Post
It seems to me that many people will want to be baptized after the Warning. As I was thinking about this earlier this morning, it occured to me that Baptism wipes away all sin. Does the Catholic Church teach that any Christian baptism wipes away all sin? The reason I ask is that most people who want to get baptized in this diocese need to do it after attending RCIA classes which culminate on Easter. Do you think there will be more opportunities for Catholic Christian Baptism and RCIA classes after the Warning?

Yes, the baptisms of most Protestant denominations is a valid Sacrament and so would have all the same effects as Catholic baptism. However, Mormon baptism and Jehovah's Witness baptism (i think they call it something else) are not valid. JWs don't believe in any Sacraments. Mormon's do not have a proper belief in the Trinity.

There will be a great deal of confusion after the Warning, with many persons seeking spiritual answers and with many conversions. The Church will be nearly overwhelmed with all the persons who are seeking Baptism and RCIA, etc. I'm sure that many devout Catholics will also respond by being willing to teach RCIA and to assist in various ways in the parish.