CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th April 2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Default Divine Mercy Sunday

I recommend that everyone who feels ready to do so
go to Confession this week-end as well as to Mass on Sunday
so as to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday and receive
forgiveness for sin and temporal punishment.

I ask those members familiar with this devotion to post
about it.

Ron
Old 13th April 2007, 04:48 PM
CRW

Default Divine Mercy Sunday, first Sunday following Easter

The image of the Divine Mercy originated from a vision that St. Faustina had on February 22, 1931. The image represents the risen Christ whose hands and feet bear the marks of the crucifixion. The pale rays stands for the Water which makes souls righteous. The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls. Jesus said, “These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross. (Diary, 299”).

Jesus, “I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming to graces to the fountain of mercy. That vessel is the image with the signature: Jesus, I Trust in You (Diary, 327). Jesus promised that the soul that will venerate this image will not parish. I also promise victory over (its) enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory (Diary,4. I cannot remove this icon by editing and this feature is turned off (correct number is there but the image appears) but the reference is Diary entry fourty eight.

The Divine Mercy Chaplet originated from a vision St. Faustina had of an Angel, the executor of divine wrath, September, 1935. The Chaplet is recited on the Rosary beads. Jesus said, “My daughter, encourage souls to say the chaplet which I have given to you. It pleases Me to grant everything they ask of Me by saying the chaplet… Write that when they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying person, I will stand between My Father and the drying person, not as the just Judge but as but as the merciful Savior (Diary, 1541).” Google if you are not aware of how to say the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

The Three O’clock Prayer is special because it was the hour of Our Lord’s death. He said, “At three o’clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and, if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy for the whole world. I will allow you to enter into My mortal sorrow. In this hour, I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion… (Diary, 1320).”

Jesus also requests a Novena to prepare for the Divine Mercy Feast Day. This also is available on line, starts on Good Friday and concludes on Saturday, the Vigil of Divine Mercy Sunday.

Pope John Paul II declared on April 30, 2000 that the first Sunday after Easter would be celebrated throughout the world as “Divine Mercy Sunday.” Our Lord promised that with the reception of Holy Communion on that day, complete forgiveness of sins and punishment if one approaches the Fountain of Life on that day with an attitude of trust, and also meets the requirement of performing deeds of mercy. Jesus said, “I want to grant a complete pardon to the souls that will go to Confession, and receive Holy Communion on the Feast of My mercy (Diary, 1109). Whoever approaches the Fount of Life on this day will be granted complete forgiveness of sins and punishment (Diary, 300).”

Christ said, “I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My Mercy.” … (Diary, 699).

As a special note, Pope John Paul II left this earth after receiving Holy Communion after the Vigil Divine Mercy Feast Mass.

This is short version of Divine Mercy devotion. I highly recommend St. Faustina's Diary for those that truly want to prepare for the Warning and the secrets, fast approaching.

EWTN will devote this Sunday to the Feast of Divine Mercy and has many special programs this week.

Cecil

Last edited by CRW : 13th April 2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 13th April 2007, 07:22 PM

Cecil did a good job summarizing this devotion. The only thing I have to say is that is my favorite devotion besides the Rosary. Through this devotion I came back to our Lord Jesus and I am very greatful for it.

If you can, try to do it and pull your family to join you also.

God Bless,

MA
Old 13th April 2007, 09:09 PM
Padraig

Smile

God's crazy and mad in love with us. If it were necessary He would come down from heaven and die again for each of us.

In giving us this new Devotion The Divine Mercy He opens all the coffers of heaven to pour out His graces of mercy. All He asks from us is that we reach out and take them.

Old 14th April 2007, 12:27 AM
logue

Is that it? Make a valid confession and attend mass?
Old 14th April 2007, 03:52 PM
CRW

Default Divine Mercy Reflection

Today’s evening Prayer I of the Liturgy of the Hours, 1 Peter 2-9-10: You are a “chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people he claims for his own to proclaim the glorious works” of the One who called you from darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were no people, but now you are God’s people; once there was no mercy for you, but now you have found mercy.

On this day nine of the Novena of Divine Mercy, Christ requested: “Today bring to Me souls who have become lukewarm, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls (remember in scriptures He vomits them out). They were the reason I cried out: “Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.” For them, the last hope of salvation is to flee to My mercy (Warning)?”

In the Diary entry 1486 is a description of Jesus working with a sinful soul: Jesus calls to the soul a third time, but the soul remains deaf and blind, hardened and despairing. Then the mercy of God begins to exert itself, and, without any co-operation from the soul, God grants it final grace. If this too is spurned, God will leave the soul in this self-chosen disposition for eternity. This grace emerges from the merciful Heart of Jesus and gives the soul a special light by means of which the soul begins to understand. (83) God’s effort; but conversion depends on its own will. The soul knows that his, for her, is final grace and, should it show even a flicker of good will, the mercy of God will accomplish the rest. (Could this also reflect on the Warning and our salvation?)

Diary entry 83 writes this: before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savoir were nailed will come forth great light which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.

In God’s time, a short period of time seems as an eternity on earth. Could this darkness over the whole earth, this cross, this great light from the openings left on Christ’s hands and feet refer to the Miracle?

Divine Mercy is not just a confession and Mass in my opinion. This devotion is a way of life, a gift given by Christ, to seek His love, His mercy and to change our spiritual life to reflect His. It is a way to prepare for the coming events, a way to truth, and his mercy.

The Fatima prayer: O My Jesus forgives us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those who are in the most need of your mercy. St Faustina wrote: O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You! Different prayers, at different times, lead us to His mercy.

As our Blessed Mother and St. Joseph search for three days for the child Jesus, will we search for our Lord and find him during the Warning. Will the darkness bring each a new light?

Cecil
Old 14th April 2007, 04:31 PM
Mario

Default Great posts!

Thank you, Cecil. Both the Rosary and Chaplet are part of my daily prayer life, and also the Novena which culminates in the Feast tomorrow. Whereas the Rosary is a meditation upon salvific events in Jesus' and Mary's lives, and expresses one's love for our Heavenly Mother, the Chaplet is singular in its focus. It is a confident plea to the Sacred Heart to open the floodgates of his mercy, drenching souls in the blood and water that flowed from his side on the Cross.

As Padraig says: God is crazy and mad in love with us.

Oh, how I treasure so great an "insanity" for such resistant and ungrateful souls (like mine).
Old 14th April 2007, 11:50 PM
CRW

We had a great Divine Mercy Vigil Mass. It was very unusual, that being the line for confession. A third priest had to be called. The message of His promise is spreading...

Cecil
Old 15th April 2007, 07:53 AM
MarieM

I think it is so wonderful that everyone has participated in the Divine Mercy.
Awesome!
I did read that Jesus said that anyone can receive the complete forgiveness of sins and punishment associated with those sins, no matter what.
We only need to go to Confession and of course attend Mass and receive the Eucharist.

I think it is so awesome to know and realize that the Body of Christ will be made stronger when so many people go to Confession and Communion.
That is so beautiful and gives me great hope!

God Bless,
M.
Old 15th April 2007, 07:58 AM
MarieM

"God's crazy and mad in love with us. If it were necessary He would come down from heaven and die again for each of us."

Padraig,
You have a way with words.....
I like that.
And I see that you love Him also.
You are in my prayers.
Well said!!!!

M.