CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st October 2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
October 10th, 2007, is one and a half years prior to the Warning of Garabandal on April 10th, 2009.

I strongly recommend to everyone:

if you have not already begun to prepare, start now.
if you have begun to prepare, renew your efforts.

The Warning will take most of the human race by surprise.
Since we have advance notice, we should not waste the opportunity.

Preparations:

1. repent from sin

make whatever changes are necessary in your life to repent from sin;
go to confession regularly (once or twice a month, perhaps);
change your habits and increase your prayers and self-denial to be able to avoid sin;
offer your sufferings to God.

2. renew prayer and self-denial
3. renew mercy toward others

4. read the whole Bible prayerfully.

Begin now and you will only have to read 2 or 3 chapters a day to
complete the whole Bible in 1.5 years.

5. study Church teaching

when the Warning occurs, many people will turn to practicing Catholics for whatever guidance they can provide

6. change your mind and heart to become more like Christ and Mary

7. daily or weekly, do an examination of conscience; cover all the sins of your life over the course of the next 1.5 years

Do not be lax. Begin now.

Ron, thank you for the push. I have been lax and will start today to change myself for real. Sometimes we get caught up in the daily grind or earthly focus. I appreciate your reminders very much.
Old 1st October 2007, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Very good thread, this should be printed also.

Thanks Ron and everyone!
Old 16th December 2007, 03:16 PM
supporting member

Default My Preparations for the Warning

Most of you do not know me yet, as I am a relatively new member, and I have been trying to catch up on the Teaching Series. I would, however, like to share some thoughts on the Warning. I discovered my Faith in a rather dramatic fashion during a visit to Medjugorje in 2001. This lead to a lot of research on the apparitions of the Blessed Mother throughout the world, including those at Garabandal. Since my Faith arrived via an apparition site, I have total acceptance of the warnings being given by the Blessed Mother, including the Great Warning which she provided via Garabandal. After reading several books on "The Great Warning", it became fairly obvious to me that Mary is training a small army of believers to bring order and direction in the times of great confusion that lie in our near future. I had hoped that priests and other religious would fulfuill this requirement, but I have now given up on that hope. Too many of them do not accept the apparitions. Therefore, I have been quietly preparing for some sort of a teaching role, which I believe will become very clear as the foretold events begin to unfold. Since I did not own a bible at the time, and was unfamiliar with Tradition, and most of the current theology, devotionals, and practices which sustain the faith today, it has been a long and tedious effort towards an uncertain objective. I was delighted to discover this website, and a group of individuals that believe as I do. Ron's prophecy has filled in many of the gaps in my understanding of Mary's Plans. In some ways, I am reminded of St. John, The Baptist, who was commissioned to prepare the way for a supernatural event in his time. He worked thru his disciples to convert and baptize converts to the Faith. Are we not witnessing a very similar set of events?

As I have attempted to anticipate the requirements during the period immediately following the Warning, it seems to me that the greatest need will be the establishment of a Basic Faith....A Fundamental Acceptance of the existence of God. Observing my surroundings and realizing now that The Holy Spirit has placed me here for a very specific purpose, I am assessing all of the people that I know, and how they will most likely be affected by the Warning. Most of them could probably answer the question "Who is God?", but precious few have any real relationship with their creator. In my assessment, a basic level of faith will require a simple teaching in three topics, which are as follows:

1. A Basic Belief in God
2. Defining one's Relationship with God
3. Developing a Conversion Plan for your Life

I plan to document my thoughts on each of these topics in three separate posts over the next few days. Hopefully the group can improve or refine my thinking. I am now certain the my trip to Medjugorje was no accident, and my discovery of this website was no accident either. Ron is doing what he is doing, and you are doing what you're doing in support of a plan driven by divine authority. In Father Gobbi's Marian Movement of Priests, Mary referred to us as "Apostles of the End Times". Perhaps with some careful preparations, we can live up to her expectations.
Old 16th December 2007, 03:50 PM

Default The dark side stirs up division.

Giving up on priests and embracing the false locutions of Fr Gobbi. That sounds like a real good plan to me.
Old 16th December 2007, 04:06 PM
supporting member

Default A Basic Belief in God

Most people would profess some belief in God. God himself has written this belief on the hearts of all people...(I will place my law within them and write it upon their hearts; i will be their God and they shall be my people...Jer 32:34 ) Most of you are probably familiar with the First Mover Theory or the WatchMaker Theory. Following the Warning, however, I do not think that God's existence will be questioned by anyone. But what does it mean to believe in God?

I believe that human comprehension can be defined within 6 unique levels, which are as follows:

1. Ignorance - No Personal Experience
2. Awareness - Rumored Experience of Others
3. Belief - Acceptance without Personal Experience
4. Knowledge - Acceptance based on Personal Experience
5. Wisdom - A Collection of Knowledge
6. Truth - The Sum of all Wisdom

We are interest here in "Belief". If I ask "Do You believe there are alligators in the Everglades?", most would answer "Yes...but so what". This is a NO-Action belief. It will not change your behavior. If I ask if you believe that the IRS will prosecute you for non-payment of Federal Taxes, most would answer "Yes", and would make an effort to prepare their returns honestly. Their belief affects their behavior. Every person needs to ask themselves what they truly believe about God, and then tell themselves the truth. Not what their friends or family members believe. Not what someone told them they should believe. They must answer their own question truthfully. The simple answer is "If there are no actions, there is no belief". Some people would say "Of course I believe in God. He is up there and I am down here. I can't see him but he can see me. I ask him for favors sometimes when I have problems". These people would be very surprised to know that the God who created every living thing is present in every thought, every word, and every action of their life. Jesus said "The very hairs on your head have all been numbered"....Mat 10:30. Slowly this realization that The God who Created the Universe is intimately aware of every detail in their life will begin to register. Given the experience of the Warning, I think the initial reaction will be one of FEAR. I think this will be necessary to get people's attention. Let us remember also that FEAR OF THE LORD is the beginning of all WISDOM. Hopefully, this will also be the beginning of a belief in God that will bring about a change in behavior. I believe that everyone reading these words has experienced some similiar process at the beginning of their faith journey. The number of people looking for God following the Warning will be a very large number indeed. All of us who have the faith to share must be prepared to gently and patiently lead people thru these truths Until the seed that God planted begins to take root. In my next post, Defining a Personal Relationship with God, I hope to share some thoughts on taking FEAR OF THE LORD into LOVE OF THE LORD.

Last edited by VKallin : 16th December 2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 16th December 2007, 04:12 PM

Ron,
Will you weigh in on Fr. Gobbi here, please?
Old 16th December 2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Fr. Gobbi is on my list of true private revelations. However, no claimed private revelations are required beliefs for Catholics. Jose is free to disagree.

Ron
Old 17th December 2007, 04:21 PM

Thanks Ron.
Old 18th December 2007, 01:00 AM
supporting member

Default Defining a Relationship with God (after the Warning)

The Warning will surely be a very painful event; exposing our sinful insignificance to the glorius perfection and infinite love of God. It will be an awesome display of God's power and a fearful experience. Two days later, the Day of Consolation will be an equally powerful display of God's love. Even for those of little or no faith, this will be a convincing demonstration of the existence of God. Many will seek an understanding of these events from anyone that they believe can provide it. A timely explanation of God's love for mankind and his plan for the salvation of souls will find an interested and receptive audience. Given that the Warning is the basis for this belief, it is quite likely that this belief will be based on a Fear of the Lord. How will this become a Love of the Lord?

Fear of the Lord is based on a view of god as the supreme judge of the universe. A Love of the Lord is based on a view of God as a close personal friend who loves us and seeks only what is best for us. An introduction can turn a stranger into an acquaintence. And frequent time together can turn an acquaintence into a trusted friend and confident. The same idea applies to our relationship with God. Once we believe that God is intimately involved in our lives, it is logical to review our lives in view of this new belief. With some initial exposure to the Sacred Scriptures and the strength of a shared faith community, the actions of a loving God will begin to be seen clearly in each life. Given some time, it will become evident that our very life was a gift from God. Our parents, our skills, our careers, and every opportunity in our lives have all been gifts from a loving God. Even sorrows and tragedies may be recognized as character building experiences which better prepared us for salvation. Eventually, the love of Jesus Christ, who abandoned the comforts of heaven to assume our poverty, solely for our benefit, will become the core of this developing relationship. Recognizing that we can add nothing to God's glory, this will begin to seem like a very one-sided relationship. God continues to give and forgive, over and over, while we continue to use and abuse the many gifts of God. We should begin to feel the need to better respond to God's love.

This scenario for a person of little faith to develop a relationship with God could play out many times as a direct result of the warning. It definitely fits the profile of many people that I know, including many close family members. The availability of someone with a solid faith, who is willing to share that faith at the proper time, could produce the above described results. We will all be pretty well shaken up by the Warning, but I am hopeful that our faith will allow us to recognize the event for what it is, and to recover quickly enough to provided these explanations of our faith.

The Warning will be a unique event in salvation history. There is no cookbook for how to embrace and accept this gift from God. As always, however, God sends his prophets to prepare his faithful for the events that he has planned. The advance knowledge provided by Ron is our best hope to be prepared. If this advanced knowledge is accepted by the faithful, we should be able to maximize the good that God intended from this supernatural event. I have spread Ron's message to anyone who will listen, but I have not seen anyone accepting it and making the necessary changes to prepare for it. I pray that the Holy Spirit will provide us with the appropriate actions at the right time to ensure that this gift from God is fully realized.
Old 18th December 2007, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Yes, many will desperately seek information from anyone who might know.

[Zechariah 12]
{12:8} In that day, the Lord will protect the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and even he who will have offended from them, in that day, will be like David, and the house of David will be like that of God, just like an angel of the Lord in their sight.

Even someone who is not a good Catholic, who has offended in many ways, will be like David to them, to those who are seeking some understanding of the Warning. And the house of David, the Church, will be understood by them to be the house of God, and the faithful in the Church will be held in their view as if the faithful were angels of God.