CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th December 2007, 09:28 AM

[quote=VKallin;14277]
The Warning will be a unique event in salvation history. There is no cookbook for how to embrace and accept this gift from God. As always, however, God sends his prophets to prepare his faithful for the events that he has planned. The advance knowledge provided by Ron is our best hope to be prepared. If this advanced knowledge is accepted by the faithful, we should be able to maximize the good that God intended from this supernatural event. I have spread Ron's message to anyone who will listen, but I have not seen anyone accepting it and making the necessary changes to prepare for it. QUOTE]

Last week on Guadalupe Day (Mexico) a talk was given at my local prayer group meeting (they have approx. twenty active members) explaining the occurrance of this event in Mexico's Catholic church history. Quite a good talk, although I'm well read on the subject, since I brought a book about it five years ago.
Now it seems they are prepared to let one of their members talk about this Private Revelation that happened about 500 years ago, but when I got the core committee to preview a Power Point Presentation that I did on the 'Great Miracle' under the title of Ascension Thursday, they were not keen for me to talk about it, saying it is too controversial since it involved dates! The fact Pope John Paul will be made a saint due to the five year fast track process announced by Pope Benedict XVI on May 13, 2005 hasn't really dawned upon them. Perhaps it's in the future and it might actually involve a date! I sometimes wonder what it really takes for the penny to drop for some of these people.
Obviously they are being over-cautious, because they have observed other organisations such as Jehohvahs Witnesses have predicting doomsday dates in the twentieth century which they have always got wrong once their predicted date rolled around, and nothing actually happened.
I feel sorry for them, since a bit of preparation (i.e. being forewarned is forearmed) would put them in an unenvyable position to evangelise like what we are doing in this forum regarding brochures and pamphlets to hand out to those who want to turn away from secularism, aethism etc.. after the day of the Warning.

Paul

Last edited by Paul Bellett : 18th December 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:25 AM

Default The Date

I know this may not be important since we must always be prepared, even if the warning does never occur. But my question is how come you are so sure about the date of the warning ? Thankyou for your advices. They are to be kept always for a good catholic life no matter what.
For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (Jh:18:37)
Old 18th December 2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
I know this may not be important since we must always be prepared, even if the warning does never occur. But my question is how come you are so sure about the date of the warning ? .

Ron's book "The Secrets of Medjugorje and Garabandal Revealed" goes into comprehensive depth about the certainty of the date of the Warning.
I have done just a little research as well on it, as outlined in my downloadable PowerPoints http://www.syndalcatholic.org.au/GiftofRepentance.ppt and http://www.syndalcatholic.org.au/AscensionThursday.ppt , but that is only really the tip of the iceberg so to speak, but you never know, it may broaden your understanding of it.

Paul

Last edited by Paul Bellett : 18th December 2007 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added link for part two of powerpoint
Old 18th December 2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
the five year fast track process announced by Pope Benedict XVI on May 13, 2005

I was unaware of this point. Interesting.

Concerning certainty about the date of the Warning, most of my understanding of dates of future events comes from the Bible. All the dates fit together as one seamless whole, from the Warning to the Return of Jesus Christ hundreds of years later.

The Warning cannot be later, because other events, which are the result of the Warning and our reaction to it, occur at that time.
Old 18th December 2007, 04:51 PM

Here is a link if anyone is interested:

http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=37113
Old 18th December 2007, 05:25 PM
supporting member

Paul...thanks for the Powerpoint Presentations. They are loaded with facts which support Ron's conclusions on the first 3 secrets of Medjugorje.
Old 18th December 2007, 07:56 PM

Paul B & Vkallum,

I feel for you guys, I havent had any luck spreading the message either.

The thing is Ron's writings are bold in nature, and sprawling in scope. I would even say they are flabbergasting. It takes time to fully comprehend how all the dates and predictions flow together. And when its fully comprehended it is nothing short of breathtaking. Most theologians probably never dreamed of what he has already accomplished.

Anyhow my point is that it takes a certain type of person to be receptive to his writings. They arent for everyone in the Church, at least not yet. I havent pinned down what it takes to be open to his writings, but I have had friends whom I profoundly respected for there faith, and I tried to share all these wonderful things with them, and they without even giving his writings a full consideration turn around and call him a heretic, and they probably think I am too.

Anyway, soon those things which once were hidden will be brought into the light.

(I had to add in that last line )
Old 18th December 2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I was unaware of this point. Interesting.

Ron,
What I actually meant was that Pope Benedict XVI announced that he would dispense with the mandatory five-year waiting period, established by canon law to open John Paul's cause for beatifiation.
This is essentially becomes a fast track process to sainthood. And as you are well aware it is not entirely without precedent.
In early 1999—less than two years after Mother Teresa's death—Pope John Paul waived the normal five-year waiting period and allowed the immediate opening of her canonization cause. On Oct. 19, 2003, Pope John Paul II beatified Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
So therefore it didn't take longer than five years for her to be beatified, once Pope Paul II announced the waivering of the waiting period by canon law.
Reference :- http://www.americancatholic.org/Feat.../Sainthood.asp

Rgds

Paul
Old 19th December 2007, 08:15 PM

On closer inspection, I have calculated Mother Teresa's process of beatification for sainthood only took 4 years, 2 months and 24 days, from the 26th of July 1999 until 19th Oct. 2003.
Source: http://home.comcast.net/~motherteres...atprocess.html

Therefore from that premise, when Pope Benedict kicked off the fast track beatification process for Pope John Paul II on May 13th 2005, we are certainly right on target for his sainthood for May 13th, 2010.
Clearly, this cereromy would be on a larger scale than Blessed Mother Teresa's one and would take just a little longer to organise, since it involves the highest ranking church official. You only had to see the televised massive funeral that our dearly beloved Pope got in 2005 to comprehend the scale it will be based on.
Old 20th December 2007, 03:05 AM
supporting member

Default Developing a Conversion Plan (After the Warning)

God only knows the number of souls who will have their faith jump started by the Warning. Those without faith, who recognized the hand of God in the Warning, and who find an acceptable explanation for this supernatural event, will see the beginning of a journey of faith. This faith will be very fragile as it initially blossoms into a relationship of love and trust with the Creator. As with most other things in our lives, it will be in a constant state of change. With each passing day, we experience changes in our health, our maturity, our skills and careers, our personal and professional relationships, our attitudes towards almost everything, and of course, our faith. Our faith never stands still. It is always moving in one way or the other; getting stronger or weaker. God has planted the seed of faith in each of us, but it is up to each of us exercising our free will to grow and strengthen this gift.

God expects us to develop our gift of faith and move steadily towards him throughout our lives. Prayer, study, and grace will push us steadily towards salvation and the world will steadily pull us back into the darkness. Maintaining the status quo is not accceptable. I know your works; I know that you are neither hot, nor cold. I wish you were either hot or cold. So because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (rev 3:16) Many people finding faith for the first time following the Warning will be at risk. Faith without a change in behavior is not faith, and will fail quickly under the pressures of the world. They need a conversion plan, and hopefully there will be someone in their life who will help them develop one. The best conversion plans will include something that is a regular routine as opposed to a single event (ie. a charitable gift). Some examples for someone new to the faith might include:

- Join a parish - Begin regular Mass attendance

As the faith begins to blossom :
- A daily rosary - Monthly Confession
-Daily reading of Scriptures - Fasting one day per week
-Parish duties (Mass Readers, Eucharistic Ministers, Communion for the sick
-Charitable groups (K of C, Holy Name Society, St. Vincent DePaul Society

And for the well devel;oped faith :
- Join a third Order (Dominicans, Franciscans, etc )
- Join a ministry (Hospital, Nursing Home, or Prison)
- College classes in Theology

I am sure all of you could add to this list. Each person's plan is unique to them. The objective is to increase the amount of time and mental energy spent in studying and practicing the faith. This strengthens our knowledge and our beliefs, and leaves less time for worldy activities. Ask the Holy Spirit for help and you will find your worldly appetite weakened and your spiritual appetite strengthened. In the Post-Warning World, all newcomers to the faith will need a conversion plan to develop and reinforce the seed of faith that they have been given.