CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 19th June 2008, 04:47 PM
js1975 js1975 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 914
Default

There is always a chance that when the Warning does take place, Obama is so struck by the experience that he decides to resign his post; thus leaving the position to be held by the VP.
__________________
2cor 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, most beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of the flesh and of the spirit, perfecting sanctification in the fear of God.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19th June 2008, 07:15 PM
garabandalg garabandalg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,657
Default I still say Hillary need not be VP, Pres to have influence

Hillary is still a powerful influence. If she, as Senator, were to suddenly announce that she was switching to pro-life, there would be huge repercussions among feminists and others, not to mention most people.

Becoming less and less convinced that Hillary needs to be Pres or VP to "have a dog in this race".
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19th June 2008, 07:54 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,567
Default

Good thoughts, garabandalg.

Certainly, events will be influenced by the Providence of God, beyond the secular expectations of the pundits. It is going to be interesting to see how things turn out.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10th July 2008, 09:16 PM
mort mort is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
There isn't one. The Miracle is May 13th and a Thursday, and prior to the destruction of Vatican City in July of 2013. The only date for the Miracle is May 13th 2010, and the Warning occurs about a year earlier on Good Friday.

April 10th is 1 year and 33 days prior to May 13th of 2010.

There is no other possible date for the Warning.

This shows remarkable confidence Ron, and I do hope you're right. It's been a long time since something of great supernatural importance occurred, and the world is in need of it. Maybe it's not appropriate to speculate, so you don't have to answer, but would your personal opinions about the reality of Garabandal change if April 10, 2009 passed without anything happening?

I was in my early to mid teens when the turn of the millennium occurred. I remember all the hype surrounding it, and how it was going to be the end of the world. I put a lot of faith in the date and when the date passed I ended up rejecting God's existence. I was very immature back then, and my faith was not properly formed, otherwise such a thing could not have happened. I have more confidence in your prediction based off scripture and private revelation than I did in the media hype surrounding the year 2000, but I have to consider some possibility of error, not because I lack faith, just to protect myself. Overall though, there is a good chance you are right.


God bless,
Mort
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10th July 2008, 09:50 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,567
Default

It is not a problem for you to consider the possibility of error in my predictions.

There are numerous Saints and Blesseds and mystics who have made predictions about the future over the course of many centuries in the Church. Their predictions are remarkably similar. Some books on the subject:

Fr. Culleton, The Prophets and Our Times
Edward Connor, Prophecy for Today
Yves Dupont, Catholic Prophecy
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10th July 2008, 10:28 PM
Mary's Child Mary's Child is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mort View Post
This shows remarkable confidence Ron, and I do hope you're right. It's been a long time since something of great supernatural importance occurred, and the world is in need of it. Maybe it's not appropriate to speculate, so you don't have to answer, but would your personal opinions about the reality of Garabandal change if April 10, 2009 passed without anything happening?

I was in my early to mid teens when the turn of the millennium occurred. I remember all the hype surrounding it, and how it was going to be the end of the world. I put a lot of faith in the date and when the date passed I ended up rejecting God's existence. I was very immature back then, and my faith was not properly formed, otherwise such a thing could not have happened. I have more confidence in your prediction based off scripture and private revelation than I did in the media hype surrounding the year 2000, but I have to consider some possibility of error, not because I lack faith, just to protect myself. Overall though, there is a good chance you are right.


God bless,
Mort

Dear Mort,
I'm so glad that you have matured so much since 2000.

May I say to you and all other readers that it is absolutely necessary and important to place our trust in God alone. If our faith is strong, then no matter what happens/does not happen on 4/10/09, our faith will not be shaken.

I used to follow the Holy Love ministries in Ohio. I spent too much money on airfares, motels and car rentals to listen to Maureen Sweeney. Now, I know, that that site has lots of "questionable" and downright "unCatholic" teachings. Praise to God that He provided me with lots of faith so that my faith in Him was not shaken one bit.

What Ron is doing is making some logical predictions based on a number of really good facts; however, as he often humbly points out, he is fallible. Our faith in God should not rest on his or anyone else's predictions of the future. The Bible teaches us not to place our trust in man but in God alone.
It is with this understanding that, I believe, most of the members of this site respond to Ron's predictions.

So, although the majority of members of Catholic Planet tend to agree with a great deal with what Ron is saying, we will never leave the faith over whether his predictions are right on or not.

May God be praised.

Mary's Child
__________________
Mary's Child

Quote:
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-5
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10th July 2008, 11:28 PM
mort mort is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Default

Thank you Mary'sChild, nicely said
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10th July 2008, 11:41 PM
DiAZ216
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I see that Mary's Child posted similar thoughts while I was typing this.

Quote:
I was in my early to mid teens when the turn of the millennium occurred. I remember all the hype surrounding it, and how it was going to be the end of the world. I put a lot of faith in the date and when the date passed I ended up rejecting God's existence. I was very immature back then, and my faith was not properly formed, otherwise such a thing could not have happened.

Mortís experience makes a VERY good point, and I would like to consider it further. Iíve been intending to post this for some time, and now seems the correct time.

Some years ago, before I ever heard of Ron Conte and when I was just beginning my own study of prophecy, I was having a conversation with some very faithful friends of mine, and the subject of the illumination came up. My friends shared with me that ďa very holy priestĒ had given them a date, and they were led to believe that this might be the date of the Warning. That date was April 17, 2005. Obviously, the Warning did not happen on that date. Three days before, on the evening of April 14, I was taking the recycling bin out to the curb, and I was thinking about this and wondering what would happen, if anything. I thought to myself, ďNo matter what happens, if nothing happens, Iím not going to let it affect my faith.Ē The second I had that thought, the biggest, brightest shooting star I had ever seen shot across the horizon! I took this as a sign from God that I was right to think this way.

Iíve shared this story for anyone out there who has been following all this and reading Ronís predictions. Perhaps there are people of little or no faith, or who have a poorly formed faith, and if Ronís predictions donít happen, this might cause them to reject Godís existence as Mort did back in 2000. If you are out there reading this now, I say to you, DO NOT LET YOUR BELIEF IN GOD BE BASED ON RONíS PREDICTIONS. I believe Ron will tell you the same thing.

Now this is NOT an attack on Ron. He may be right. He may be wrong. I donít know. It really doesnít matter to me. Now I have to confess that I once spent a LOT of time studying and pondering on these things, and I still enjoy talking about them with friends. But I no longer spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about them; itís certainly NOT my focus. After all my studying and pondering and prayer, I still donít know exactly what is going to happen exactly when. The fact is, not knowing the future allows us to live by faith. The fact is that we donít need to know anything about the future or prophecy to live our faith. We donít need to know anything about the secrets of Medjugorje to fully live out our faith. The Church gives us EVERYTHING we need for that.

I donít know if I will even be alive next April. I donít know if I will be here tomorrow. I have only today to live for. I live each day, looking to the future (a future that may hold a lot of suffering) with hope and joy. Every day I have a mission to live with faith, hope and charity. What can I do this day to help someone else? What can I do this day to help lead someone else to God? What can I do to bring even a tiny bit of hope and joy into another personís life? This is my focus.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11th July 2008, 12:22 AM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiAZ216 View Post
Three days before, on the evening of April 14, I was taking the recycling bin out to the curb, and I was thinking about this and wondering what would happen, if anything. I thought to myself, ďNo matter what happens, if nothing happens, Iím not going to let it affect my faith.Ē The second I had that thought, the biggest, brightest shooting star I had ever seen shot across the horizon! I took this as a sign from God that I was right to think this way.
This is a good example of God's Providence. Yes, you are right to think this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiAZ216 View Post
DO NOT LET YOUR BELIEF IN GOD BE BASED ON RONíS PREDICTIONS.
Yes, I'll say the same. Notice, too, that I spend a great deal of time in this forum taking about the Bible, the teachings of the Church, moral theology, and various topics of faith, morals, and salvation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiAZ216 View Post
Now this is NOT an attack on Ron. He may be right. He may be wrong. I donít know. It really doesnít matter to me. Now I have to confess that I once spent a LOT of time studying and pondering on these things, and I still enjoy talking about them with friends. But I no longer spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about them; itís certainly NOT my focus.
I spend most of my time working on translating the Bible from Latin into English, and on writing theology; less of my time is spent on writing about the future. I spent between 4 and 5 years writing a book of Biblical chronology, Important Dates in the Lives of Jesus and Mary. And I've written a book of speculative theology, New Insights into the Deposit of Faith. So if you are following my lead, you also will not make eschatology the focus of your life.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11th July 2008, 12:35 AM
Climacus Areopagite Climacus Areopagite is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,433
Default

Yeah I have had sort of a shift every since I started learning about the Ron's future predictions, and participating here. Now, I like to study the Bible and theology a whole lot more.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.