CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th January 2007, 10:57 PM
DiAZ216

I agree wit you Marie. The purification that's coming is just that--a purification. From the secular perspective, this all sounds like doom and gloom. But I don't believe in doom and gloom. The only thing that should cause Christians to despair is the loss of souls.

Darrell
Old 25th January 2007, 11:01 PM
Hope

Although I don't think America is Babylon, I do want to say that I agree with you Joan and Darrell about the decline of Christian values. I find the immorality of the media and the attack on the innocence of youth disturbing. I worry about being able to protect my children from such thing, but I know it is impossible to shield them from everything, and I question whether or not it is wise to keep them lambs among so many wolves. What's a mother to do?

I many atrocities taking place in my country, but no more than any other country, and perhaps less. There is no place on earth that I'd rather live than here. IMO, it's the best country the world has over known and although her light as dimmed, it shines brighter than any other nation on earth. (Play the Star Spangled Banner here).

IMO, Is America corrupt--yes. Is she Babylon--no.

MariaM wrote:

Quote:

But I think what I have failed to see and realize that it is far, far worse to lose your soul than a dwelling. I have been so terrified of losing possessions and things and life itself that I have not stopped to see that perhaps our soul is what is truly of value.

Notice that some Americans have their priorities straight. As long as there are Joan's and Darrels and Marias living here, our country can't be all bad .
Old 25th January 2007, 11:02 PM
DiAZ216

Hope,
I forgot to say before that I agree with Padraig in that things maybe aren't quite that grim. There are a lot of people trying to lead good lives. Yes, there's a lot of lukewarmness, but that's partly because the truth has been obscured. Our Father in Heaven loves His children, so I think He's going to take away the things that keep us from seeing clearly. That's a good thing -- even if it hurts a little bit.

Peace be with you,
Darrell
Old 25th January 2007, 11:08 PM
MarieM

Hope,
Your name is true. You do give HOPE!! Thank you, so much, thank you!

God Bless,
Marie
Old 25th January 2007, 11:16 PM
MarieM

Darrell,
I think things are grim, compared to other times, because of our technology and our lack of remorse or conscience.

Seems the more power we receive the more arrogant we become.
Like we DESERVE it somehow?
God has given us great, great technology and I think it is so that He may see how we treat His great gift.

How have we treated it??? We so love ourselves and love our reflections.

When I was little I just could not understand why in the heck I should suffer 'cause Adam and Eve were such ungrateful people who God made.
Original sin????
I would NEVER act like them. No way! I wouldn't let some ugly snake take me from God's beautiful paradise. No way! Uh-huh! I would ignore the fruit of pride and walk on by and let myself live in His Light.....
I always hated Adam and Eve, especially Eve.

Now, I kind of understand, although I do believe that there are Adam and Eve's in degrees........ I hope to be at the top of the class and then I know that God will ask, "What have you done for Me?"

God Bless,
M.
Old 31st January 2007, 10:02 PM
DianeD

Default Just A Thought

1/31/07...There were about 15-20 people in my room, although my heart tells me it was probably closer to 30. They were clapping their hads and chanting "All we are saying, give peace a chance!", you know...they way John Lennon did it. Some were looking out the window which over looks the backyard. I looked out also. There were more people but in a lesser amount than what was in my room. I knew none of them - either in the yard or room. THey were singing appeared a white lady, like a beautiful porcelean (sp?) statute of the Blessed Mother that became animated, and she was smiling and was rather jubilant looking, like she was escatic over what the people in the yard and in my room were doing...I guess, a peace rally.

The last time I had a wicked dream about strangers hanging out in my room was back in my college days about 27 years ago!! Then, it was what I called "Spanish Moors" wearing turbans in the corner of my room, they were dark and I did not have a good feeling about them. Then almost 21 years later...2001....9-11 happeed, and the world has seen problems with Islamic extremits...perhaps those Spanish Moores and the uneasy feeling I got represented things to come in September 2001??? After all, the real Spanish Moors were Islamic.

Perhaps my dream of the peace rally is a sign of good things to come.

Last edited by DianeD : 31st January 2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 1st February 2007, 10:00 AM
MARIAN

Hi,
I have just been reading through this thread and I agree with MarieM that life is getting more and more difficult for families. Of course there is now an intensified attack on families but if we stay close to Mary our mother and pray the family rosary we can overcome any situation. Its easy to get dragged down by all the evil we witness every day but thank God we recognise evil when we see it. many people can no longer discern the difference. We are called to be the salt of the earth and I believe that means calling a spade a spade. In other words when we come across evil we should name it as evil. Evil to be contained must be named. So many church sermons in recent years have concentrated on loving the sinner and not throwing the first stone that now churchgoing people think everything is O.K. I know couples together 25 and 30 years who are now divorcing, (as I am sure you all do). Nobody speaks out on cohabitating couples. People accept their children refusing to go to Mass. Everything goes. There is still debate on abortion but all the steps along the way that lead to abortion are more or less accepted as an option. Its difficult to be the one that objects.
Mary
Old 3rd February 2007, 02:55 PM
MarieM

Mary, you wrote:
Quote:
Its easy to get dragged down by all the evil we witness every day but thank God we recognise evil when we see it. many people can no longer discern the difference. We are called to be the salt of the earth and I believe that means calling a spade a spade. In other words when we come across evil we should name it as evil.

That is what amazes and puzzles and quite honestly makes ME feel insane!
How in the world do people not see evil for what it is?
I am talking the obvious such as Terri Schiavo who was starved to death and abortion and same-sex adoptions....the list is too long unfortunately.

I read somewhere that those who reject God for too long will eventually be left to their own devices and become 'blind' to the truth.

Do you think that is happening now?

It is very difficult to stand up for truth now. And our children suffer for our sins. My own suffer so much because of mine. I can only trust Him and know that He is in charge.

God Bless,
Marie
Old 3rd February 2007, 02:58 PM
MarieM

Mary,
One thing though, there is hope!

Guess what???? My daughter went to the adoration chapel with me last night!!
God is calling her. I just need to get out of the way!
I just wanted to share that miracle. Because it is a great miracle. One of the greatest in my life. I thank Jesus for it! He is so awesome!

God Bless,
Marie
Old 5th February 2007, 11:08 AM
MARIAN

Marie,
I have been keeping up with your posts on the difficulties of child rearing. My youngest daughter has now entered her 20's and trying to protect & guide them has been a major challenge. We always had family prayer every night and that has been the rock that has saved us and kept us going through all sorts of difficulties, illness, financial difficulties etc. I am delighted for you that your daughter chose to go to adoration. I found the most difficult time was when they left home and went on to 3rd level education. College campus's now have been taken over by evil. My children suffered for their beliefs and really only for Our lady & Padre Pio they would not have survived the onslaught. But guess what Jesus is in charge and when I used to fret about where they were, who they were with etc. I used to shake holy water and make the sign of the cross in their direction and ask Jesus to protect his children and claim them for his own.
God bless
Mary