CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th September 2007, 08:19 AM

Default meaning

Ron,

11:9} I will not act on the fury of my wrath. I will not turn back to utterly destroy Ephraim. For I am God, and not man, the Divine in your midst, and I will not advance upon the city.

{23:19} God is not like a man, so that he would lie, nor is he like a son of man, so that he would be changed. Therefore, having spoken, will he not act? Has he ever spoken, and not fulfilled?

What is the (literal and spiritual) meaning of this passages, when God says He is not a Man? Anti - trinitarian and muslim, here always use this verses to attack.the catholic, on the Divinity of Jesus.

thank you
Old 14th September 2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myLivingBread View Post
Ron,

11:9} I will not act on the fury of my wrath. I will not turn back to utterly destroy Ephraim. For I am God, and not man, the Divine in your midst, and I will not advance upon the city.

{23:19} God is not like a man, so that he would lie, nor is he like a son of man, so that he would be changed. Therefore, having spoken, will he not act? Has he ever spoken, and not fulfilled?
thank you

This refers to the Divine Nature. It does not refer to the human nature of God Incarnate.