CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th October 2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
So it is much harder to be holy if you are a Muslim.

That made me think quite much. We should be thankful to God for having received so many graces trough our Catholic Faith, graces which we have rejected so many times in our lives.
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 5th October 2008, 06:37 PM

About what Bomber says that muslim that become christian are sentenced to death.
-------------------------

In my country Indonesia, which has the largest muslim population, one of the problem is about muslim and christian. Back to 1998, when Soeharto(which is passed away), the corrupt president, a man which all Indonesian people hate him, but now is likely to forgive him. One good habit of Indonesia is great tolerance, but not it religion(especially muslim) and rasis(javanese and tionghoa(chinese) people). In that turbulance period, year 1998, many catholic church are destroyed and burnt, I say catholic church, because it's like an icon for christian, while protestant doesn't have explicit icon as explicit as catholic (protestant can do Mass celebration everywhere, like in hotel, a part of the plaza, etc, although some of them have their own protestant church building). In addition to that chaos condition, well maybe some of you have known or heard about the mass rape done to chinese woman by the native people which mainly live in java island.

Back to religion perspective, a muslim man named Jusuf Roni, whose the leader of some destruction of the church, burnt the church, but when he want to burn the holy bible it doesn't burnt, and it can't be burnt(based on his story after he became a christian), God shows a miracle to him. From that moment, that man(Jusuf Roni) become a christian and a priest. All his muslim friend and colleagues are senteced him not to death but to jail, even in jail, he still believe in Christ, and after free from jail, he became a priest. This story is like St. Paulus-apostle conversion, when God shows miracle to turn a stone hearted man to the true Truth, Jesus Christ, like Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the live".

Bali bombing I and II - terrorist doing that, even now, the suspect (that is muslim) has not been sentenced to death, it is more likely the jurisdiction prolonged the sentenced. But in my opinion, it is not our right to judge or to kill (death sentenced) other people lives whatever evil things they have done, so in my opinion, it's better a life sentence in jail for them. In my opinion, only God can judge people lives and only God can take people lives. Remember in bible, Jesus forgive maria magdalena, which by people in her time should have sentenced to death by stoned her, but Jesus forgive her.

So I conclude, like Ron said, that Islam doesn't have a stable or structured magisterium, so many muslim interpret the teaching in their own ways, and it's become the problem. If Islam has stable and good magisterium which focus in true teaching of Islam about God's love, that muslim should always loves their neighbor whatever their religion they had, this kind of problem wouldn't have been happened. The terrorist, will be banned by Islam's magisterium if they have one.

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 5th October 2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 5th October 2008, 07:28 PM

ExCelciuS,

Wow, great stories. I am surprised such information from Indonesia has not made it out to the rest of the world.

-jay
Old 6th October 2008, 07:41 AM

Thanks js1975, maybe it's a personal miracle and not like Saint's miracle so it don't reach the world, but in Indonesia, that man is popular, especially in christian people.
Old 16th October 2008, 01:50 AM
Bomber

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-in-Iran.html

You would think that the world is supposed to be becoming more "tolerant", but here is another example, in 2008, of how an elected government that embraces Islam as it's foundation for law, executes Christians.
Old 16th October 2008, 01:52 AM
Bomber

Note the ratio of dissenting views, proving that the ones in favor of executing Christians are NOT "radicals" as the left would have believe. 196 versus 7 is not radical, it is actual.