CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2010, 10:58 PM

My dear friend ExCelciuS,
As a catholic child we were taught that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in us,
And we must keep ourselves clean and chaste, morally and physically. And so our hearts, the center of our body, must be pure.
I do believe some in the west have lost the sense of dress code, and find it amazing that when they attend a court hearing they are dressed respectfully for their judgment. However not all have gone astray and there is many that dress appropriately at mass including me.
I have seen with my very own eyes a Muslim women that had the tightest jeans on, that she walked like Rigor mortis had set in, high heel shoes that she kept twisting her ankle & all you heard was click clung click clunk, she also had that much make up that she could sink a ship and she was wearing the head scarf. “No one is sinless”
The Pharisees were dressed with the out most respect, yet some were hypocrites.
Covering my hair does not make me unholy; it is my sins that destroy my body and soul.
As for Mary covering her hair that was /is the custom of the Jewish tradition, God chose Mary because she was honored amongst all women [with or without a head scarf]
Old 26th November 2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother View Post
As far as I know, the teaching for women wearing a veil is inside a Church temple only, so there is nothing wrong for women not wearing veils on the streets.

Notice how the Virgin appeared at Garabandal:

Also, personally, a veil doesn't necessarily has to cover all the woman's hair, it can show some of her hair which is part of the beauty of a woman given by God. The veil purpose is an external sign to differentiate the roles between women and men.

Going back to the spread of Islam in Europe and much closely here in the US too, it is due to immigration and, as Jeanne said, they obey regarding procreation and we, (or the majority of Christians) don't. Most of us - sadly - ignore Humanae Vitae because of selfishness, and this will bring its consequences - bad consequences.

Hmm I've never seen virgin Mary doesn't wearing a veil like in that picture, this is the first I've seen...
Old 26th November 2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial View Post
My dear friend ExCelciuS,
As a catholic child we were taught that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in us,
And we must keep ourselves clean and chaste, morally and physically. And so our hearts, the center of our body, must be pure.
I do believe some in the west have lost the sense of dress code, and find it amazing that when they attend a court hearing they are dressed respectfully for their judgment. However not all have gone astray and there is many that dress appropriately at mass including me.
I have seen with my very own eyes a Muslim women that had the tightest jeans on, that she walked like Rigor mortis had set in, high heel shoes that she kept twisting her ankle & all you heard was click clung click clunk, she also had that much make up that she could sink a ship and she was wearing the head scarf. “No one is sinless”
The Pharisees were dressed with the out most respect, yet some were hypocrites.
Covering my hair does not make me unholy; it is my sins that destroy my body and soul.
As for Mary covering her hair that was /is the custom of the Jewish tradition, God chose Mary because she was honored amongst all women [with or without a head scarf]

Yeah sorry, maybe I'm a little sensitive about this, the background I post this thread maybe started weeks ago when I attended mass, there was a girl in front of me which wore a short skirt, it was no problem when we sat or stand, but when we kneel and pray, guest it where my head direction go.., when we kneel our head direction naturally goes down... , so I see something 'bad' before close my eyes to pray and when opened up oops still there... my bad...

So I remember about Muslim women, hmm... they're so polite in dressing when going to mosque.., and this kind of problem won't happen..., at least they're preventing..., and preventing is better than curing...

So for women who will attend mass, please dress properly..., and I think we need a standard for dressing (especially women) when attending mass...

Attending mass disturbed like that is very bad you know...

Devil in the church anybody? Yeah if the situation like that, than it is true...

Even when praying and even at the church.. they still dare to tempt us... what the...?

I think woman is devil's favorite to make man sin..., just like in the beginning... damn.. and sorry for my weakness... I've became the victim because of my weakness, if I'm strong I won't became a victim...

Once again...

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE

and Islam use prevention much rather than us...

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 26th November 2010 at 06:48 AM.