CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th March 2009, 07:30 AM

Hmm, so that's it. And (I'm a little out of this thread title), how about protestant, they don't believe Trinity? So what they think about God The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit? What protestant assume about God?
Old 27th March 2009, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCelciuS View Post
Hmm, so that's it. And (I'm a little out of this thread title), how about protestant, they don't believe Trinity? So what they think about God The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit? What protestant assume about God?

Protestants believe in the Trinity and have a valid Sacrament of Baptism.

Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses do not have a valid Sacrament of Baptism, and so are not really Christians at all.
Old 19th September 2009, 08:25 AM

Exclamation Jesus in Islam's View

Hi Ron, I'm back to this thread.

Today I just watched a TV program which topic is about Jesus in Islam's view.
In Islam's view, they acknowledge Jesus only as a prophet and not a God, because in their Qur'an, they say that Jesus did not consider Himself a God, the one who consider or 'made' Jesus is God is ourselves (christian people or Jesus' follower at that time).

Now, in John 13:13-14 it is stated:
Quote:
John 13:13-14
{13:13} You call me Teacher and Lord, and you speak well: for so I am.
{13:14} Therefore, if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash the feet of one another.

My question is about English grammar meaning. What is the meaning of Lord? Is the word Lord have the same meaning as the word God?

And can you supply me with another verses in our bible that clearly stated that Jesus is God? (<<<This is important question.)

Thanks.

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 19th September 2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:09 PM
Administrator

[Matthew]
{14:33} Then those who were in the boat drew near and adored him, saying: “Truly, you are the Son of God.”

{16:16} Simon Peter responded by saying, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
{16:17} And in response, Jesus said to him: “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father, who is in heaven.

{26:63} But Jesus was silent. And the high priest said to him, “I bind you by an oath to the living God to tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”
{26:64} Jesus said to him: “You have said it. Yet truly I say to you, hereafter you shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of the power of God, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

{27:54} Now the centurion and those who were with him, guarding Jesus, having seen the earthquake and the things that were done, were very fearful, saying: “Truly, this was the Son of God.”

{28:5} Then the Angel responded by saying to the women: “Do not be afraid. For I know that you are seeking Jesus, who was crucified.
{28:6} He is not here. For he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where the Lord was placed.
{28:7} And then, go quickly, and tell his disciples that he has risen. And behold, he will precede you to Galilee. There you shall see him. Lo, I have told you beforehand.”

-- the fact that Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven shows that He is God, and not merely a prophet --

[John 1]
{1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word.
{1:2} He was with God in the beginning.
{1:3} All things were made through Him, and nothing that was made was made without Him.
{1:4} Life was in Him, and Life was the light of men.
{1:5} And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
{1:6} There was a man sent by God, whose name was John.
{1:7} He arrived as a witness to offer testimony about the Light, so that all would believe through him.
{1:8} He was not the Light, but he was to offer testimony about the Light.
{1:9} The true Light, which illuminates every man, was coming into this world.
{1:10} He was in the world, and the world was made through him, and the world did not recognize him.
{1:11} He went to his own, and his own did not accept him.
{1:12} Yet whoever did accept him, those who believed in his name, he gave them the power to become the sons of God.
{1:13} These are born, not of blood, nor of the will of flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
{1:14} And the Word became flesh, and he lived among us, and we saw his glory, glory like that of an only-begotten son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
{1:15} John offers testimony about him, and he cries out, saying: “This is the one about whom I said: ‘He who is to come after me, has been placed ahead of me, because he existed before me.’ ”

[1 Johgn]
{5:5} Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God!
{5:6} This is the One who came by water and blood: Jesus Christ. Not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit is the One who testifies that the Christ is the Truth.
{5:7} For there are Three who give testimony in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And these Three are One.
{5:8} And there are three who give testimony on earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood. And these three are one.
{5:9} If we accept the testimony of men, then the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony of God, which is greater: that he has testified about his Son.
{5:10} Whoever believes in the Son of God, holds the testimony of God within himself. Whoever does not believe in the Son, makes him a liar, because he does not believe in the testimony which God has testified about his Son.
{5:11} And this is the testimony which God has given to us: Eternal Life. And this Life is in his Son.
{5:12} Whoever has the Son, has Life. Whoever does not have the Son, does not have Life.

-- and there are many more passages, which you can find on your own --
Old 19th September 2009, 03:41 PM

Nice, thanks a lot Ron.

One question, is the meaning of the word Lord in bible is the same as the word God?
Old 19th September 2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCelciuS View Post
Nice, thanks a lot Ron.

One question, is the meaning of the word Lord in bible is the same as the word God?

Sometimes 'Lord' refers to God, and other times it does not.

In the OT, the word 'LORD' is often used to substitute for Yahweh and other words that mean God. In both the OT and NT, the word Lord can be used more broadly.
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:05 PM

It is strange indeed to find out that islam venerates the virgin mary, and they consider her as the most holy woman God ever created...

There is a special verse in "qoran" called "sourat maryam", that means "the verse of mary", the qoran is written in arabic, i read this verse many times, they compliment mary and say that she is the most perfect creature and the holiest among all women...

Moreover, many muslims are devoted to the mother of god, they visit on regular basis her shrines in lebanon, and they pray for her...
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouxi View Post
It is strange indeed to find out that islam venerates the virgin mary, and they consider her as the most holy woman God ever created...

There is a special verse in "qoran" called "sourat maryam", that means "the verse of mary", the qoran is written in arabic, i read this verse many times, they compliment mary and say that she is the most perfect creature and the holiest among all women...

Moreover, many muslims are devoted to the mother of god, they visit on regular basis her shrines in lebanon, and they pray for her...

Perhaps this will lead them to convert to the true Catholic Faith.
Old 23rd September 2009, 02:15 PM
supporting member

Default It was no Accident

One of the greatest apparitions ever approved by the Church occurred at Fatima, Portugal. Fatima happened to be the name of Muhammed's daughter, who is held in great esteem by Muslims. Mary choose this site with great care. I believe that Mary will be the connection that eventually converts the Muslim world to the true Faith.
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator

I believe that the Rosary has and will have an important roll in Catholic triumphs and the conversion of the world in Catholicism.

The Great Monarch will be very devoted to the Rosary.