CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Inspirational Stories and Experiences
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th November 2010, 12:22 PM

Smile Power of Hope

Here I have read an article titled Power of Hope, and I found this article to be inspiring, so I would like share it here...

The Power of Hope
By: Father Adrian Adirejo, OP & Paulus Winarto
Translated by: me ( sorry for mistakes... )

Even the greatest mind of human mind, man can not think of two things simultaneously. You can not simultaneously focus on faith and life concern ( anxious, fear ) . Try it, can you make circle and rectangle with left and right hand simultaneously?

We can not deny if people have problems, it's a sign that people are still alive. Faith and fear can not be directly proportional. If fear or anxious come over self, faith will be weakened. And one form of anxiety which controls us, is starting with questions: "What if this happened? What if that?. Surely you've all experienced it.

Faith is not believing what we see and the fruit of faith is to see what we believe. If faith is weakening, how can people have hope toward God.

People can lose hope if:
1. The mind filled with worries.
2. Forget God's omnipotence
How bad whatever are your circumstances, God could reverse that to be good because God works ( Romans 8:28 ). The most painful life experience, if you could pass and be the winner (not just pass but lose), then that experience can bless others because you have experienced it.
3. Forget that the future is still there
4. There is no love
The Highest motivation in this life is love. A mother willing to wake up at midnight to give milk to her child, and she did it out of love.
5. Not understanding about the exam of life
To be advance to next grade, it required exam. So also in this life. Exams are God-given opportunity to respond correctly. Exam was different from the trials. Exams could be turned into a temptation if the heart desires began to speak.

How do we take exams? Through a process namely "SARAH"
S = Shock
was fair and humane because it's something we do not expect
A = Angry
Angry with anyone and anything
R = Resist
If people just circling in the SAR, no joy, then it should go to:
A = Accept
H = Hope

God does not ask us to be perfect, but God asks us to continue to grow. God asks us to love Him above all things. Are you more loving God or God's blessings?
Many people say do not understand life, but God asked for and recognize Him. Believing in God is good, but better still if we trust God.

So, How to become a person in hope? By:
1. Realize that we are not likely in the same state every day.
2. Grateful ( 1 Thessalonians 5:18 )
Humans usually grateful if we get the things that we want. Have you ever grateful for the things that did not happen? If people can be grateful, it can not be other than happy. Happy people, will always have a reason to be grateful. Grateful is a way to always have hope in life.
3. Extract the wisdom in the event that we have had experienced.
4. Diligently praying and reading scripture.
The more you close to God, the more you have hope.
5. Do something with best (not just passive) and then submit to God. And therefore, there is this sentence "just do your best and God will do the rest"

... God Bless You All ...

"Lord, help me to change what I can and help me to accept what I can not change. Give me the wisdom to see the difference"
--Franciscus Assisi

GOD give
RAINBOW in every storm
SMILE on every tear
BLESSING in each trial
BEAUTIFUL SONG in every long breath
and ANSWER in every our prayer
HE GIVE WHAT WE ASKED
if it is good for us according to HIS consideration

"Therefore, if you, being evil, know how to give good things to your sons, how much more will your Father give, from heaven, a spirit of goodness to those who ask him? (Luke 11:13)

-- His love is perfect, our goodnees is what He thinks because He is our Father. --

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 5th November 2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 31st January 2011, 04:18 AM

I found something truly inspiring in the SARAH formula, Excelsius,..!

Though,.. I do believe I can draw a circle and rectangle at the same time.!!!!!!.....a credible circle lets say..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCelciuS View Post
Here I have read an article titled Power of Hope, and I found this article to be inspiring, so I would like share it here...

The Power of Hope
By: Father Adrian Adirejo, OP & Paulus Winarto
Translated by: me ( sorry for mistakes... )

Even the greatest mind of human mind, man can not think of two things simultaneously. You can not simultaneously focus on faith and life concern ( anxious, fear ) . Try it, can you make circle and rectangle with left and right hand simultaneously?

We can not deny if people have problems, it's a sign that people are still alive. Faith and fear can not be directly proportional. If fear or anxious come over self, faith will be weakened. And one form of anxiety which controls us, is starting with questions: "What if this happened? What if that?. Surely you've all experienced it.

Faith is not believing what we see and the fruit of faith is to see what we believe. If faith is weakening, how can people have hope toward God.

People can lose hope if:
1. The mind filled with worries.
2. Forget God's omnipotence
How bad whatever are your circumstances, God could reverse that to be good because God works ( Romans 8:28 ). The most painful life experience, if you could pass and be the winner (not just pass but lose), then that experience can bless others because you have experienced it.
3. Forget that the future is still there
4. There is no love
The Highest motivation in this life is love. A mother willing to wake up at midnight to give milk to her child, and she did it out of love.
5. Not understanding about the exam of life
To be advance to next grade, it required exam. So also in this life. Exams are God-given opportunity to respond correctly. Exam was different from the trials. Exams could be turned into a temptation if the heart desires began to speak.

How do we take exams? Through a process namely "SARAH"
S = Shock
was fair and humane because it's something we do not expect
A = Angry
Angry with anyone and anything
R = Resist
If people just circling in the SAR, no joy, then it should go to:
A = Accept
H = Hope

God does not ask us to be perfect, but God asks us to continue to grow. God asks us to love Him above all things. Are you more loving God or God's blessings?
Many people say do not understand life, but God asked for and recognize Him. Believing in God is good, but better still if we trust God.

So, How to become a person in hope? By:
1. Realize that we are not likely in the same state every day.
2. Grateful ( 1 Thessalonians 5:18 )
Humans usually grateful if we get the things that we want. Have you ever grateful for the things that did not happen? If people can be grateful, it can not be other than happy. Happy people, will always have a reason to be grateful. Grateful is a way to always have hope in life.
3. Extract the wisdom in the event that we have had experienced.
4. Diligently praying and reading scripture.
The more you close to God, the more you have hope.
5. Do something with best (not just passive) and then submit to God. And therefore, there is this sentence "just do your best and God will do the rest"

... God Bless You All ...

"Lord, help me to change what I can and help me to accept what I can not change. Give me the wisdom to see the difference"
--Franciscus Assisi

GOD give
RAINBOW in every storm
SMILE on every tear
BLESSING in each trial
BEAUTIFUL SONG in every long breath
and ANSWER in every our prayer
HE GIVE WHAT WE ASKED
if it is good for us according to HIS consideration

"Therefore, if you, being evil, know how to give good things to your sons, how much more will your Father give, from heaven, a spirit of goodness to those who ask him? (Luke 11:13)

-- His love is perfect, our goodnees is what He thinks because He is our Father. --
Old 14th February 2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyfifer View Post
I found something truly inspiring in the SARAH formula, Excelsius,..!

Though,.. I do believe I can draw a circle and rectangle at the same time.!!!!!!.....a credible circle lets say..

Oh really, so it can be practiced then? , drawing circle and rectangle at the same time? Like writing English and other language at the same time?