CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th July 2007, 02:25 PM
Love The Fisherman

I read that 'Space' was nothing. How could God create 'Nothing'? Im confused now. Space is a vacuum, right?
Tomás
Old 27th July 2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator

[Colossians 1]
{1:16} For in him was created everything in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominations, or principalities, or powers. All things were created through him and in him.

Because of space, an object can be at a determinate place and at a determinate distance from another object; without space it can’t happen. God created everything, thus all is under His control, including space. God is everywhere at the same time, beyond, space, distance and time because all is His creation.
Old 27th July 2007, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Here is my better explanation of why I think God created ‘Space’ from Genesis 1 to 4 and ‘Time’ at Genesis 1:5, since I think I made it sound a little confusing before:

When God created Heaven and Earth, He didn’t spend literally billions of years creating the whole Universe which includes the heavenly bodies such as the rest of the planets, the stars, the galaxies, etc. Why would God have to literally spend so much time, billions of years doing something He wants to create for us, humans? By Doing it for billions of years and still not finishing the work, it has to be so tedious, even by being eternal.

So God created the Space, when the begining of Heaven and the Earth were created in the Eternity, in no time yet [Genesis 1 to 4].

God created time when He allowed the earth to travel around the sun as of today so it became the first day [Genesis 1:5] so now here is when Time came to exist as we know it.

God is everywhere and knows everything because He is the creator of all things [Colossians 1:16], He even knows things we don’t know about ourselves like for example what is happening inside our bodies right now or what will happen to us in the future, because the Lord is beyond space and time, things created by Him.

Last edited by Brother : 28th July 2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 28th July 2007, 02:21 PM
Love The Fisherman

Hi Brother,
It is most wonderful to study these things and to wonder at the Majesty of our God. I wonder if Moses received revelation from God when he wrote Genesis or was he passing down what he received from Tradition since there was no Scripture before Moses (I think?).
Old 28th July 2007, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love The Fisherman View Post
Hi Brother,
It is most wonderful to study these things and to wonder at the Majesty of our God. I wonder if Moses received revelation from God when he wrote Genesis or was he passing down what he received from Tradition since there was no Scripture before Moses (I think?).

Yes indeed Tomás, I think this was passed down to him from Tradition so he knew about it with a basic knowledge; however, when he wrote his books of the Bible, it was revealed to him directly by God (even things that were new to him or were not passed down to him from Tradition) so there are no mistakes when he wrote the Sacred Scriptures by not writting it by his sole human memory.

Last edited by Brother : 28th July 2007 at 04:00 PM.