CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th July 2007, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I don't know of any significant difference between 'Fr.' and 'Rev.'

Providence is the way that God and His Angels works in subtle and not so subtle ways to influence the course of human events, for our instruction, guidance, assistance, to avert tragedy, to punish sinners, and to fulfill the plan of God, yet all without violating the gift of free will.

Grace and Providence work togehter so closely, that at times they seem to be one and the same.

Ron

Ron, I believe you have written that God knows the future completely, and that He controls it completely as well? Do you believe that He controls most of it and leaves some of it up to how we respond or simply controls everything?
Old 7th July 2007, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
Ron, I believe you have written that God knows the future completely, and that He controls it completely as well? Do you believe that He controls most of it and leaves some of it up to how we respond or simply controls everything?

I did not say that God completely controls the future.

God is not controling. He created free will and He does not undermine our free choices.
Old 9th July 2007, 04:05 AM

Default Ok, not controlling but already knows how we will use our free will?

Quote:
I did not say that God completely controls the future.

God is not controling. He created free will and He does not undermine our free choices.

Ok, understood on the terminology, but are you saying that He gives us free will but already knows which way we are going to choose? I believe you said something like this with regard to various statements that false seers make etc.
Old 9th July 2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
Ok, understood on the terminology, but are you saying that He gives us free will but already knows which way we are going to choose? I believe you said something like this with regard to various statements that false seers make etc.

Yes, we have free will, but God knows how we will choose. Our choice is often in accord with His grace and Providence, but it can be contrary to grace and Providence.

Ron
Old 9th July 2007, 11:58 AM

Default Thanks for the clarification

Quote:
Yes, we have free will, but God knows how we will choose. Our choice is often in accord with His grace and Providence, but it can be contrary to grace and Providence.

Ron

Thanks for the clarification, Ron. It seems to me that the devil has got to be the most pathetic creature in the universe. He is desperately trying to steal souls knowing full well that he will ultimately lose the war but resigned to win battles by grabbing some people here and there.