CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th August 2013, 05:41 PM

Default What would have to happen...

...to make all of us doubt in Međugorje after the both warnings occur ?

This haunts my mind for awhile...

Mirjana from Međugorje stated that the "great sign" will occur when even the most faithful start to suspect...

"Most faithful" certainly are not all of those millions of people who have so far come to Medjugorje. Most faithful are persons who are closest to the seers , like their husbands and wifes , close priests , people like myself i believe , people like Ron...

And all that suspicion should come after we have witnessed the warning , and even the great miracle in Garabandal - if Ron is right about the second secret of Međugorje !!!

So , what should cause so much doubt , after the first two secrets are proven as real ?

Would it be a very big period of time , between second secret and the third one ?

Could it be the death of fra Peter Ljubičić , responsable for revealing the secrets to the world , cause our Lady never guaranted for a life of a man who was chosen to reveal them. (If fra Peter Ljubičić dies , they can simply find someone else for that task. He is already very old. Providence of God could make him live very long , but it doesnt have to be this way...)

So even if the first two secrets of Međugorje turn real , people could still count them as "events of Garabandal" , cause they are both related to Garabandal , and Conchita will announce them eight days before it happens , while Mirjana will announce them only three days before it happens , so in the case of a great doubt , the reality of first two Međugorje secrets could be explained as "stealing the story of Garabandal" , if you know what i mean...

But , if i have figured this right , then it cant be like this , because in that case i am the one who will have no doubt at all , cause this is something that i expect to happen...

Or it can be like this , but with one little change...

Before great sign comes , i will die , so my pre-understanding will not have any affect on Mirjanas words about most faithful...

Same goes for others who are smart...

Now you understand why would i like to hear another explanations...

Last edited by Keva : 16th August 2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 16th August 2013, 06:49 PM
Administrator

My understanding is that the great apostasy will occur very soon. Then many Catholics will leave the Church. Some will try to set-up their own version of the Catholic Church (led by an antipope). The faithful who remain with the true Church will have many doubts. Numerous false teachers will rise up and give conflicting teachings and explanations.

In this context, the Church will disapprove of the visions at Medjugorje (probably as a result of the Medjugorje commission). So most persons who have visited Medjugorje or who have followed the messages will fall away -- partly because some will fall away from the Church, partly become some will be in confusion about which teachings and teachers they should follow, and because of the official decision of the temporal authority of the Church against Medjugorje.
Old 16th August 2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
My understanding is that the great apostasy will occur very soon. Then many Catholics will leave the Church. Some will try to set-up their own version of the Catholic Church (led by an antipope). The faithful who remain with the true Church will have many doubts. Numerous false teachers will rise up and give conflicting teachings and explanations.

In this context, the Church will disapprove of the visions at Medjugorje (probably as a result of the Medjugorje commission). So most persons who have visited Medjugorje or who have followed the messages will fall away -- partly because some will fall away from the Church, partly become some will be in confusion about which teachings and teachers they should follow, and because of the official decision of the temporal authority of the Church against Medjugorje.

Your words explain majority of Međugorje believers...

The words "most faithful" , who were repeated more then once by Mirjana , and i think even Vicka , seems to describe those who will be very strong in their beliefs in Međugorje , and they seem to describe one moment in time , in which nobody will have strong faith in Međugorje. Nobody at all. Sounds like short , but hard test for all of us. Something like 12 apostoles being lost after Jesus being crucified...

Fra Petar Ljubičić stated that first two secrets , the warnings , will cause great joy for believers of Međugorje. So , when we see warnings happen , we will be very happy , cause we will have proof that Međugorje is real. And then , before the third secret , eventually we will fall in the state of great doubt...

Its pretty hard to think about it , i know. And i certainly hope that you are right , and i am wrong...

Old 16th August 2013, 07:35 PM
Administrator

I think you are misinterpreting "most faithful", giving it too extreme a meaning. There are those who have a mild interest in Medjugorje; there are those who visited and were interested for a while, but less so now. Then there are those who follow the messages frequently; these fit the phrase "most faithful", as long as we don't exaggerate its meaning.

Many, but not all, of this latter group will fall away, as I explained. The official disapproval of the Church will weigh heavily on many Medjugorje supporters, and the confusion of the great apostasy will make matters worse.
Old 16th August 2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I think you are misinterpreting "most faithful", giving it too extreme a meaning...

I sure hope so...

Last edited by Keva : 16th August 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 20th August 2013, 03:50 AM

Question no decision on Medj until seers are all dead

Mirjana stated in a recent interview: "the Church will not approve Medjugorje while we visionaries are alive, the approval will come later."

This does not mean that there will not be a "disapproval" during the lives of the visionaries. However, the visions are still occurring.

The church almost never judges a major CPR while the seers are still receiving visions. Also, it is dangerous to approve a CPR with seers still alive because one never knows how Satan will abuse that approval.

Thus, I believe in Mirjana's statement that no approval of Medj will be forthcoming until many decades from now after the seers are all deceased.

Vatican approval of the Medj apparitions would probably cause more non catholic persons to disbelieve the apparitions.

As to a forthcoming "disapproval". That will not occur during the reign of Pope Francis. He "seems" to be very much a believer in Medj and his "liberal orthodoxy" flows from Our Lady's messages @ Medj.

As for the source of knowledge of the Pope's attitude,this is difficult to document as Pope Francis is tight lipped on the topic. However, those who knew the Pope in Argentina said that when the topic of "medj" was raised, he would become elated, smile and indicate his joy in knowing that others in Argentina were aware of the apparitions.