CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th August 2008, 01:25 AM

Default Interesting Peter the Roman Theory

Here is an interesting theory about Peter the Roman from the following link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEiWwkIjhw0

[I've deleted the explanation of this idea about the future; see my post below -- Ron]
Old 19th August 2008, 01:46 AM
Administrator

Although my writings about the future generally fall into the realm of speculative theology, it is not the case that anyone can make any speculation whatsoever about the future. In the case of the post and link above, the idea presented is contrary to the teaching of the Church on Apostolic succession. The idea that is objectionable is the claim that Apostolic succession will cease because the Pope and the College of Cardinals have all been killed. The claim is then made that the Church will be unable to continue to elect successors to Peter, so that Apostolic succession ceases. This idea is contrary to Church teaching on the indefectability of the Church and on Apostolic succession.

[Mt]
{16:18} And I say to you, that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.
Old 20th August 2008, 01:54 AM

thanks for the insight. (that is why I stick around so much, I would be lost otherwise)

-jay