CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Catholic blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th October 2012, 05:00 AM

Default Let's cut to the chase....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftOfLife View Post
I don't agree. With the 24hr news cycle, anything can change drastically about a candidate which might make him competitive in a swing state.

Remember, Ronald Regan won all states but one in 1984.

I think anything people do or not do to make it easier for Obama to get in, continues the same amount of baby killing that is currently happening

Why don't we begin by having our so-called Catholic leaders speak out against Obama given his record in abortion, homosexuality, and attacks on religious liberty. Romney is no saint, but Obama is worse in the context of the Catholic vote. As for the 24 hour news cycle...it is more like 24/7 Obama bias. Look at all the things the mainstream media is ignoring and censoring regarding Obama. We have our own Pravda here in this country right now.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:29 PM
Administrator

I just can't vote for either of those men. Obama's promotion of abortion and contraception, and his war on religion are appalling. But Romney does not believe in one eternal all-powerful God. I think that if I vote for Romney, God would be offended. He would be the first U.S. President who does not believe in God. That he would be the Republican nominee on the threshold of the tribulation is very significant.

Sometimes God's providence gives a nation the leaders that they need, and other times, the leaders that their sins deserve.
Old 9th October 2012, 02:04 PM

Default I am with you on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I just can't vote for either of those men. Obama's promotion of abortion and contraception, and his war on religion are appalling. But Romney does not believe in one eternal all-powerful God. I think that if I vote for Romney, God would be offended. He would be the first U.S. President who does not believe in God. That he would be the Republican nominee on the threshold of the tribulation is very significant.

Sometimes God's providence gives a nation the leaders that they need, and other times, the leaders that their sins deserve.

I am ok with someone not voting for either as I cannot either. What a sad state we are in.
Old 10th October 2012, 01:37 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
as I cannot either. What a sad state we are in.

I guess Obama has a good chance then...

I thought Romney's morality when it comes to protecting marriage and abortion and protecting us against enemies held some weight. I didnt realize that so many Catholics would only consider a Christian, Jew or Muslim to vote for only because they believe in God the Father.
Old 10th October 2012, 01:55 AM
Administrator

My decision is based on my understanding of the will of God.

Salvation does not come from politics.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:02 AM
supporting member

I will vote for Romney/Ryan. One has to consider all possible consequences of voting including the possibility of the vice president becoming the President. We would then have a strong Catholic in the Oval Office -- something that has never happened before in the history of our country. Even if this did not happen, the consequences of the HHS Mandate are so far-reaching and horrific, that I don't care if it takes a Mormon to overturn it. It must be overturned.
Old 11th October 2012, 06:35 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredcello View Post
I will vote for Romney/Ryan. One has to consider all possible consequences of voting including the possibility of the vice president becoming the President. We would then have a strong Catholic in the Oval Office -- something that has never happened before in the history of our country. Even if this did not happen, the consequences of the HHS Mandate are so far-reaching and horrific, that I don't care if it takes a Mormon to overturn it. It must be overturned.

lets not forget the Supreme Court which could overturn ROE or even better PASS the PERSONHOOD amendment that is very close to reaching the supreme court and who friends of mine have spearheaded this amendment so its very close to my heart. it would even take care of states that still want to keep abortion legal because it defines a person from the moment of conception.

We already saw the horrific appointments Obama made with Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, Two Liberals who voted FOR HHS and are both pro-aborts...All we need is ONE MORE conservative pro life justices and ROE will GO!....

I pray that you all consider voting for ROMNEY so that we can change the court.

This was taken from Romney's Website....
As president, Mitt will nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito. These justices hold dear what the great Chief Justice John Marshall called “the basis on which the whole American fabric has been erected”: a written Constitution, with real and determinate meaning. The judges that Mitt nominates will exhibit a genuine appreciation for the text, structure, and history of our Constitution and interpret the Constitution and the laws as they are written. And his nominees will possess a demonstrated record of adherence to these core principles.

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/courts-constitution
Old 11th October 2012, 10:43 AM
supporting member

Default It is my duty

As a citizen of this great nation, I am greatful for all that it has provided for me. My children were raised in freedom and prosperity and we are all free to practice our religious beliefs (so far). I pay my taxes fairly and I served in Viet Nam during that war. I have a duty to vote and I will. I share many of the opinions expressed here, But I will vote AGAINST Obama with no hesitation and with a very strong conviction. It is my personal belief that Obama is our punishment for 50 million abortions. The abortions still continue. God's will be done.....we deserve whatever we get.
Old 11th October 2012, 01:47 PM
Administrator

I think I will vote for Romney, he is the less bad of the possible winner options. I also think God would be more 'offended' (even though we can not hurt the Divine Nature of God) with a man who supposedly believes in Him but does more things contrary to His will (so that's not really believing in Him from His heart, just from mouth out - and that's also having his own version of a god) than with a man who does not believe the way He is, perhaps because of his ignorance, but does more things in accord with His will.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:48 PM
TheGiftOfLife

...and as we heard in the vice presidential debate. The current VP mr Biden clearly promised the next 2 Supreme Court appointees from Obama WILL be pro-aborts! That means 2 new young lifetime justices that will help to further promote abortion and destroy my country. you can kiss the personhood amendment goodbye in our lifetime. He also stated that Romeny WILL nominate people like Scalia, Thomas, Alito & Roberts, four very devout Catholics, I might add.

Appointing justices is THE most important job of president of the USA and the only person who can appoint is the president. This has reprocussions on the way we life life in this country for decades and should be extremely considered when voting for president. Sometimes its best to make sure a specific persons DOES NOT get elected.

God Bless and HELP UP ALL on election day

Last edited by TheGiftOfLife : 12th October 2012 at 12:51 PM.