CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th November 2012, 08:26 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Default What brought me to Garabandal

Below is an account of my revelation of Garabandal. The reason I am posting it is that, once again, Garabandal has injected herself into my life. The latest incident happened to me last month October 2012.

I have had the same dental hygienist for about 5 years. Upon regular conversation, I found out that she is Joey Lomangino's Cousin.

Here is the account that started my journey.

Early 1990’s Rockaway New York was where an Irish non-practicing Catholic friend of mine from college lived. One day her mother gave me a video cassette with the letters “GARABANDAL” written on the side of the tape in bold black letters. She said I should watch it. I brought the cassette to my recording studio and put it on my desk where it laid for years.

One day while I was on the phone, staring at the tape, I thought to myself, “Gee, I really should watch this. I’m tired of looking at it just sitting there for years”

That evening I went home (a completely different location). While I was preparing for bed I saw another video cassette sitting on my roll top desk in my bedroom with no label on it. I decided to put that into the VCR because I wanted to see what was on it and I was tired of looking at that tape sitting in my room for a long time as well. (keep in mind that I had a video recording company and there were always tapes lying around).

As the tape was playing in the background, I hear Ricardo Montalban’s (fantasy Island) voice talking about Marian apparitions. He kept saying the word “GARABANDAL”. The way he said it did not ring a bell immediately because the pronunciation that I had used when reading the letters “GARABANDAL” on the tape in my studio was very different. I did not know it was a Spanish town. I had no idea what the name GARABANDAL meant.

I shut the video and went to bed. I could not fall asleep. Something would not let me sleep. After a restless 30 minutes, I sat up and make the connection. Could the name that Ricardo pronounced be the same as the letters on that video in my studio? It started with a “G” and there were a lot of “A”’s? Hmmmm?

I had to find out so I got dressed, went to my studio and watch this 1980’s super 8 MM film on Garabandal. I was troubled and VERY interested; as this was unlike anything I’ve ever heard. There were too many specifics about what the events would be and the timeframe.
I watched it 3 times, I’m not even sure I went to work the next day. I was working in Manhattan (Wall St) at the time,
After work, during my lunch hour, I stopped into a bookstore and picked up a book called “THE FINAL HOUR” randomly off the shelf. I opened the book to a page and wouldn’t you know, the name Garabandal was staring right at me. This freaked me out, I bought the book and got on the train to return back home. That very subway ride I overheard 2 women talking about a Marian Apparition.

Now I was on a mission, I had to find out more. The end of the taped documentary had a phone number. I called it, spoke to Joey L. (the blind guy) and he told me that there was a prayer service in Queens NY Friday night and that I should go.

I went with some friends. I entered and clearly was the youngest person there. I sat down in a chair that was facing a couch. To the left was an elderly women who asked why I was there and how I found out about the prayer hour.

I said, “Well… you see there was this tape…….”, at that moment the women who was on the couch directly opposite me and facing me stood up and said to me “Continue to tell your story but I will be in the kitchen”. I was like, ok???

After she left, the elderly women snapped at me, with a very stern tone and said, “You know she does not like when people talk about it!!!!!!”. I was clueless. I said, “Who doesn’t like when you talk about what?”, She said, “Conchita”, I said, ”That was Conchita?” Keep in mind that I had a 12 year old visual image of her from the video, not a 45 year old visual.

I felt mortified and thoroughly embarrassed! All I wanted to do was run out of the house but knew that that would be rude so I put my head down, sweated and prayed for it to all be over. Just recently I found out the REAL reason why Conchita stopped talking about the apparitions and realize now that the elderly woman must have misinterpreted the reason as so many do with apparitions. There is much hearsay so that’s why I try to stick to actual video/audio of the visionaries themselves and not others who claimed to have heard them say. It’s also true that visionaries can misinterpret their own visions.

Conchita returned and said to me , “You know, I had forgotten about those tapes?”…. I did not reply, head still down. Again, “You know, I had forgotten about those tapes? … I gave a nervous smile. Again, in a loud almost annoyed tone, “You know, I had forgotten about those tapes!!!” I picked my head up, made eye contact and smiled uncomfortably.

After the rosary which we said for the intention of priests, I turned to my friend and said, “Right after the 1st person leaves, we are OUTTA HERE!”

Conchita moved to a recliner chair and some man with a broken arm got up and went over to her to day goodbye to her. It was obvious to me that he was a groupie. I personally found that annoying as I never understood that groupie mentality. I watched her as she was very distant, put her arm out, locked her elbow so that the man could not invade her personal space when he shook her hand.

I thought, Wow, she’s kind of cold, but understood why.

I then got up, turned to everyone and said, “Goodbye and thank you.”
Conchita then stood up, came over to me and hugged my to say goodbye.
At that point I told her that I was sorry if I had made her feel uncomfortable by bringing up the apparitions. She said, NO not at all!!!

She then told me to come back again. Which I did one more time.

At that point in my life I would travel every 3 months and coincidentally I had a trip planned to Spain and Portugal. Since I never travel with an itinerary, I made my way to Fatima, and much to my surprise, when I arrived it just happened to be on Oct 13th 1995 the 78th anniversary of the apparition. A complete coincidence! I am not good with remembering feast days etc and can be a little brain-dead at times. It was some site. What a great gift!

My trip was almost over. I am back in Madrid. The plane takes off the next evening for the US.

I really disliked Madrid, too much pollution and dirty. I turned to my friend and said, “Hey lets go to Garabandal.” We drove 4 hrs north. What an experience. Very rustic, wonderful people, fresh air. I was enjoying the lifestyle more than the fact that it might have been an apparition site. I wound up staying with Conchitas brother Seraphim who has now passed away.

I now find myself at the pines sitting there alone and DEMANDING that God give me a sign. I told Him, LOOK! You lead me here, all these crazy things happened to me, now I need to know if this apparition was true. THEN I SAID. Look God, it does not have to be supernatural, but it’s gotta be something big! (in hindsight, being that he answered my demanding request, I should have asked for something supernatural, that would have been cool). I walked down the path, saw Seraphim walking his cow and as I looked into the distance, I saw Conchita standing on the hill.

As I am approaching her, all I can think about is that I saw her only that past week in NY and that she’s going to think I’m some fanatic who’s following her.

She sees me and says, “Hey, I know you”, I said,”yeah”, She said, “what are you doing here?” I said that I found a few hrs and decided to come. I then asked her what she was doing there and she said with a smile, “UM, I lived here?????”...

She then asked me if I was going to Mass in the morning and that the entire town goes to daily Mass, I told her I could not because I only had a few hrs and needed to get back to Madrid.

She then pulled me to the side, grabbed both my hands, looked into my eyes and said, “You Must Pray for me”. I said, “ok?”, then I said but you need to pray for me. She said she would.

When I returned home, after developing the hundreds of photos that I took in Spain, not ONE picture came out from Garabandal. The last shot I had was of the mountain tops in Cantabria on my way to the town.

I was pre-occupied for about two years with Garabandal. I had returned 2 years later (pictures did get developed). Eventually I realized that I needed to live life and stop waiting for the warning.

In 2009 someone sent me a link to Catholic Planet and it brought it all back again.
Old 5th November 2012, 04:55 AM

Default wow

it's worth repeating....wow!
Old 5th November 2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Wow! Thanks for sharing! Providence at work.

Let's keep praying for her and for all.
Old 5th November 2012, 07:21 PM
supporting member

Great story, Gift. That is a wonderful thing to have happened in your life. What does Joey's cousin have to say? Does she believe in the events?

I know someone who had an encounter with one of the other visionaries from Garabandal. This visionary was being used by a "groupie" in order for the groupie to elevate herself. Unfortunately, the end result was that Garabandal was put in a very bad light because it appeared that the visionary was using her status for some small financial gain. When, in fact, it was the groupie who was using her. It is too bad, and really, the visionaries must lead a very guarded life, as a result. What a cross for each of them to bear. Yet, a blessing.

I do not doubt the veracity of Garabandal. I confess to being skeptical about Medjugorje.
Old 6th November 2012, 02:57 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredcello View Post
Great story, Gift. That is a wonderful thing to have happened in your life. What does Joey's cousin have to say? Does she believe in the events?

I know someone who had an encounter with one of the other visionaries from Garabandal. This visionary was being used by a "groupie" in order for the groupie to elevate herself. Unfortunately, the end result was that Garabandal was put in a very bad light because it appeared that the visionary was using her status for some small financial gain. When, in fact, it was the groupie who was using her. It is too bad, and really, the visionaries must lead a very guarded life, as a result. What a cross for each of them to bear. Yet, a blessing.

I do not doubt the veracity of Garabandal. I confess to being skeptical about Medjugorje.

Yes I too know that a woman named Vasula was trying to hijack the apparition. I have a cleaning tomorrow, the cousin is a young girl in her late 20s and does not know anything about him or the apparitions but is related to him. Its sad but I have to handle the situation lightly as I think shes not a practicing Catholic.
Old 8th November 2012, 10:22 PM

Thanks for sharing, Giftoflife, that is an amazing story! Small world after all. I have been to Garabandal twice already and it is indeed a beautiful and peaceful place. One thing I always will remember about the pines is sitting on the benches in the evening air, listening to nothing but the clanging of the cowbells from across the mountains. It seemed like Heaven on earth.

Shane
Old 8th November 2012, 10:54 PM

Default Love the pines

The pines has to be one of the most peaceful places on earth to pray.....