CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd September 2012, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Default Eschatology: upcoming calendar dates

Monday, September 24th, 2012
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will address a meeting at the U.N. on the rule of law.

Wednesday, September 26th, 2012
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will speak to the United Nations general assembly.

President Ahmadinejad has made controversial and provocative remarks at the U.N. in past years. In the context of the current threats from the U.S. and Israel against Iran over its nuclear program, his remarks are like to be more provocative than in past turns. The violent protests in the Muslim world that began 9/11/2012 could be further inflamed by his remarks. I suggest that he might deliberately attempt to inflame further violence. There is also an outside chance that he might make some type of announcement about Iran’s nuclear program, such as ending IAEA inspections, or claiming that Iran has enough uranium for a bomb.

Thursday, October 11th, 2012
The start of the Year of Faith in the Catholic Church.

This date is significant in eschatology because I expect the great apostasy, in which most Catholics and very many priests and religious leave the Church, to occur during the Year of Faith. The Church will use this year to call Catholics to believe and practice what the Church teaches. But many of the weak in faith will respond by rejecting the Church altogether. The great apostasy is one of the events that Scripture predicts to occur during the tribulation. I believe that we will have a new Pope soon, and he will be the one to spur Catholics to believe what the Church teaches.

October 24th to 29th, 2012
In 2012, the Hajj is expected to occur about October 24-29.

An estimated 3 million persons are expected to travel to Mecca for the Hajj this year. Some years ago, in 1987, there were protests at the Hajj, which turned violent, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of persons. With the Hajj occurring just after the violent protests that began 9/11/2012, it is highly likely that violent protests will occur during this time. These could spread to the rest of the Muslim world, and to Muslims in Europe and other areas. I expect that these violent protests will be part of the process that leads to a unification of the Arab/Muslim nations of the Middle East and northern Africa. Once unified, those nations, led by a nuclear Iran, will undertake a war against the West, World War 3.

November, 2012
Iran is expected to have accumulated enough 20% uranium for one nuclear bomb, according to this ISIS report: PDF file, see Figure 4. I’m skeptical that the IAEA and ISIS estimates of Iranian uranium purification are accurate. I think that the Iranian government could easily figure out a way to cheat the IAEA inspections, purifying and storing more 20% uranium than they report. Also, it is conceivable that Iran may have a covert uranium purification facility, unknown to the IAEA and the West. So it is possible that Iran may have enough uranium for more than one nuke before the end of 2012.
Old 24th September 2012, 04:32 PM

During past visits at the U.N, Ahmadinejad was interviewed in relation to his world view regarding the ''Mahdi'' by a NBC journalist.

See the video of the interview to get a glimpse into this islamic eschatological belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txxZv...eature=related

I wonder if he will further compound provocative statements with references to the Mahdi during his upcoming speech.
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Old 24th September 2012, 09:46 PM

More on the 'Mahdi' and Iran's intent to 'hasten' his arrival.

Here is a look from inside Iran on this topic and this false doctrine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Cqp...eature=related

and this one also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFQf...eature=related
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14

Last edited by Pontifex : 24th September 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 24th September 2012, 10:35 PM
Administrator

And here is my post on the subject:
http://ronconte.wordpress.com/2012/0...the-end-times/
Old 26th September 2012, 10:04 PM
Administrator

In his U.N. speech Wednesday, the president of Iran mentioned the arrival of the Mahdi
http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9106242494
more here:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/ahmadinej...ddress-to-u-n/

What most listeners don't realize is that his arrival is said to coincide with a great war of the Muslims against the infidels (the West), in which the Muslims conquer the world, and establish a worldwide Islamic kingdom.
Old 26th September 2012, 10:29 PM

Default typo

Ron, it is quite concerning the leaders in Iran hold on this eschatological view. The video in the second article you referenced from Rosenberg is, for those who have not seen it, quite revealing and somewhat accurate to date regarding the signs they are looking for in determing the arrival of the Mahdi.

Ron, do you think the Mahdi is the one who will be the ''spiritual leader'' of the two horns ?

Last edited by Pontifex : 26th September 2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
Ron, do you think the Mahdi is the one who will be the ''spiritual leader'' of the two horns ?

No. I don't believe in the Mahdi. But will the Iranian leaders choose someone and claim that he is the Mahdi -- this seems likely. They cannot undertake a long expensive war with a vast death toll without that type of claimed justification.

But the two horns are the leaders of Iran and Iraq. Not necessarily the current leaders, but whoever will be the leader at the start of the war.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:29 PM

Thanks Ron, this makes sense to me.
Old 27th September 2012, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Israeli PM Netanyahu gave his speech to the U.N. today.
audio only:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs6uLdcPbac

He spoke about the apocalyptic designs of Iran. He refuted some points in the prior day's speech by the President of Iran. Two speeches at the U.N., and both of them mention the end times.

And here is the full transcript of the speech:
http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/09/27...ly-2012-video/

excerpt:

Iran’s apocalyptic leaders believe that a medieval holy man will reappear in the wake of a devastating Holy War, thereby ensuring that their brand of radical Islam will rule the earth.
That’s not just what they believe. That’s what is actually guiding their policies and their actions.
Just listen to Ayatollah Rafsanjani who said, I quote: ”The use of even one nuclear bomb inside Israel will destroy everything, however it would only harm the Islamic world.”
Rafsanjani said: “It is not irrational to contemplate such an eventuality.”
Not irrational…
And that’s coming from one of the so-called moderates of Iran.
Shockingly, some people have begun to peddle the absurd notion that a nuclear-armed Iran would actually stabilize the Middle East.
Yeah, right…
That’s like saying a nuclear-armed Al-Qaeda would usher in an era of universal peace.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:46 AM

Default My Updated Opinion on Who Wins USA Election and Why

I once believed that Obama would win the election, but as time moves on I actually believe that Israel ,as much as they want/need to attack Iran,is afraid to attack Iran without the USA support. But since I believe that Israel will attack Iran, it means that the USA will help Israel, which means that Romney wins the election, because I believe that Obama will never commit to helping Israel in a war against Iran.

This also gives Iran a reason to nuke the USA( should we have helped Israel).If Iran drops a bomb on NY, unprovoked, I believe that the other muslim countries and civilians wouldn't rally around Iran.

I still believe that the nuke attack is 2-3 yrs away...

My Timeline( considering my view of the political situation and Ron's work)

Nov 2012...Romney wins
2013...Israel and USA attack Iran...does not completely destroy it or its nuclear weapons
2013-2015 ...Muslim uprising acceleration, Iran Nukes NY,USA counters with attacking without limitation many muslim aggressive areas.
2016...Warning