CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Inspirational Stories and Experiences
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th February 2007, 04:33 PM
CRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
I had a disturbing dream last night. I'll be brief and just say that it was about a full-scale nuclear explosion in a large city.

Hope,

Only one question - time frame?

Cecil
Old 18th February 2007, 10:39 PM
Hope

Quote:

Only one question - time frame?

Sorry, Cecil, there was no mention of any date in the dream. There was nothing to give me an exact time frame.

If this means anything, in the dream, I seem about the same age as I am now. The other women in the dream seemed really into style, they were dressed-up a little more than what I'm used to seeing. That may have been a regional thing or maybe a trend yet to come. Using these two things, I'd say the dream was set in a time just a few years from now. But I'm only guessing.
Old 18th February 2007, 11:49 PM

Hope. You have been gifted with the charism of dreams. How do you feel when you have such terrible visions? Is it a kind of burden for you?

God bless

Roberto
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 19th February 2007, 01:39 AM
Hope

Quote:
Is it a kind of burden for you?

The best way to deal with this is by maintaining a dose of healthy skepticism. I'm not completely convinced that my dreams are prophetic.

I probably pray more for certain things because of what I see in my dreams, such as the conversion of sinners, the well-being of my nation and that I will change my ways before it is too late -- things I should be praying for anyway. I figure the rest is out of my control, so I'll place it in God's hands. There are only certain times I stress about what I've seen. It's not on my mind all of the time.

The worst dreams for me are the ones that are close to home.

When I was only about a month and a half pregnant with my last child, I had two dreams involving a little boy. When I woke with the first one, I was 90% certain that I would give birth to a boy. I immediately began buying boy baby clothes. I did have a boy. The dreams, however, involved bad things happening to him. Part of one dream came to pass, but I'm not sure it has all been played out. I worry about this a great deal and constantly pray that he will never be lost to me. It's upsetting to even to think about this now. By far, these kind of dreams feel like the biggest burden to me.

Last edited by Hope : 19th February 2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 19th February 2007, 03:08 AM
Administrator

I think that personal dreams like those you describe about your family are conditional, and that bad things in them can be averted by prayer and self-denial and works of mercy.

the nuclear bomb explosion in a large city is inevitable. I'm not sure if it is a prophetic dream because it was not specific.

Ron
Old 19th February 2007, 04:45 AM
Hope

Quote:
I think that personal dreams like those you describe about your family are conditional, and that bad things in them can be averted by prayer and self-denial and works of mercy.

Ron, I totally agree. I don't think God would give people dreams just to make them worry, unless there was something they could do to change the outcome or at least save souls before the inevitable happens.

In one dream of the dreams I mentioned about my son, I was able to save him becaues of the power given to my through the prayers of others. In the second dream, as a result of my prayer, God the Father stretched forth from a storm in the form of a cloud. It reminded me of the Sistine Chapel depiction of God creating Adam, where He was an old man with a flowing beard. His form more nebulous, of course, because he appeared as a shifting cloud. But I could see the face of a majestic old man in there. Maintaining his connection to the clouds above, He slipped down from Heaven, to place my child firmly in my waiting arms.

I think these dreams were a message for me to pray fervently for my child to protect him from evil influences and certain other dangers throughout his life.

Quote:
the nuclear bomb explosion in a large city is inevitable. I'm not sure if it is a prophetic dream because it was not specific.

I'm not sure either, but I'm leaning toward my dream being influenced by news of current events. War is the talk and the brain sometimes filters things experienced in waking into strange images when asleep. I didn't know the date or even the city. I should have mentioned this from the get-go. Sorry folks, I'll try to be more discerning about what I post.

I'm editing this in later . . . I think Cecil's empathy for me is most kind, but he gives me too much credit. I doubt my burden is any greater than his own.

I'm not speaking of dreams about family members here, but about the dreams on a more global scale. This will sound callous, but I don't think that I worry as much as other people would if they'd see these kinds of dreams. It might be due to my lack of charity, I don't know. Honestly, though, I'm probably no more burdened than anyone who believes that the Warning and the Chastisement and the Great Apostacy are coming.

People like Ron and others on this forum, who educate themselves with scripture, history and prophecy and come away with knowledge of he future through reason, IMO, they have a greater burden than someone who simply dreams about such things. I can hide under the blanket of denial, telling myself what I experienced was just an ordinary dream on overdrive, but scripture or the visions of saints written on a the pages of history are harder to dismiss than anything that I've personally dreamed. Anyone who reads the signs of the times shares in the burden. I think most of you here feel this, knowing that time is short for many and that many souls will be lost. As always, the task to pray and fast and prepare and warn the world falls on everyone's shoulders.

Also, at the same time I feel that the prophecies the Lord has given through scripture and through other sources, is also a blessing and a sign of God's great mercy. Sometimes love doesn't come sugar-coated. Fear can be a great motivator for change. It spurs us into action.

If I had to guess who feels the most burdened by the vision of what is to come, I'd pick Ron. He has a special calling to do this, to read the signs and to be that motivator.

Last edited by Hope : 20th February 2007 at 04:45 AM.